MBB Couisnard, Soares out due to injury

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB Couisnard, Soares out due to injury

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like transfer Jermaine Couisnard will be out a while with a knee injury while Rivaldo Soares is also out indefinitely. Oregon will need to rely on Tyrone Williams, Rigsby, and Barthelemy to contribute immediately with both out.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: MBB Couisnard, Soares out due to injury

Post by GrandpaDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like transfer Jermaine Couisnard will be out a while with a knee injury while Rivaldo Soares is also out indefinitely. Oregon will need to rely on Tyrone Williams, Rigsby, and Barthelemy to contribute immediately with both out.
Well that sucks.

T Williams is the most intriguing of the transfer guards to me. 27 per game 2 years in a row indicates consistency but best is his shooting percentages are really really good for a volume shooter. Guess we'll be seeing him early and he'll get the minutes to adjust to D1.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Looks like transfer Jermaine Couisnard will be out a while with a knee injury while Rivaldo Soares is also out indefinitely. Oregon will need to rely on Tyrone Williams, Rigsby, and Barthelemy to contribute immediately with both out.
Well that sucks.

T Williams is the most intriguing of the transfer guards to me. 27 per game 2 years in a row indicates consistency but best is his shooting percentages are really really good for a volume shooter. Guess we'll be seeing him early and he'll get the minutes to adjust to D1.
JC guys are always a bit of a mystery since you never know how good of competition they face there and how fast they'll adjust to D1 ball. I remember Duarte starting slow early his first season before finally getting it by around midseason.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
Well that sucks.

JC guys are always a bit of a mystery since you never know how good of competition they face there and how fast they'll adjust to D1 ball. I remember Duarte starting slow early his first season before finally getting it by around midseason.
Right, Williams getting thrown to the wolves early will give him the exposure to get to speed before conference, if he has the talent in him we are hoping for. One thing about him that irritates me is a 40% 3 point shooter who shoots 60% at the free throw line. Hopefully Altman's scowl can improve that.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bummer for both, but especially to see Soares out. I was hoping for him to be our breakout player.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

The good news is that between Richardson, Dante, Guerrier, Ware, Berthelemy, and Bittle, we have several players capable of eating 10 FGA per game. Hopefully Altman feeds the big men this year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OG Duck wrote:The good news is that between Richardson, Dante, Guerrier, Ware, Berthelemy, and Bittle, we have several players capable of eating 10 FGA per game. Hopefully Altman feeds the big men this year.
True, sounds like Bittle will likely not be 100% if he plays on opening night either.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

At least Soares doesn't seem to be on the injured list any more.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Couisnard is out at least 8 weeks.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Rothstein gives us way more info than anyone who "covers" the team.

The injuries suck, but knock on wood, they aren't to our top players. Sounds like the scrimmages didn't go great vs OU and Boise.

That said, we just need 1-2 wings to click and this team will be really good. Very good bigs combined with very good PG's.