QUACK! 2023 WBB W Sammie Wagner commits

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

QUACK! 2023 WBB W Sammie Wagner commits

Post by greenyellow »

2023 WBB wing Sammie Wagner has committed to Oregon. She's currently the 42nd ranked player in the 2023 class and was previously committed to Texas.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: QUACK! 2023 WBB W Sammie Wagner commits

Post by gogreen55 »

I haven't watched any of her highlights yet, but Wagner sounds like a good fit.
ESPN ranks Wagner as the 42nd best player in the country in the class of 2023. She is lauded for her ability to score the basketball at every level, but also distribute it. She averaged 25.9 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.2 blocks this past season as a junior at Ronald Reagan in San Antonio (Tex.).

She sees herself as a high IQ player and believes the system in Eugene will surround her with other like-minded individuals.

"I'm someone who wants to play very high-level IQ basketball," she said. " I consider myself a shooter and a facilitator. I play pretty much any position that the team needs me to play, and I'm somebody who will do whatever the team needs to win, whether it's pass the ball, shoot the ball, rebound or do whatever. IQ is a big thing for me because I'm tall, but I've never been the biggest, strongest or fastest person on the court."
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 196665859/