UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Post by greenyellow »

Biggest issue is they've no dependable guard/wing scoring. If there's one area Altman has struggled recruiting in recent years, it's been there.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Post by Ghost of Tajuan Porter »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:If things don’t drastically turn around this season and we have another NIT season then I think the Altman era may be coming to an end, but it’s very premature to say that.

Though people on this forum attacked me big time when I saw Altman peaked with the Final Four team and it was downhill from there.
Altman’s obsession with the less-than players in recent years has completely changed my opinion of him. The Elijah Brown year was it for me. I can’t be a real fan of that bullshit. That guy was an absolute scrub, and Altman let him do whatever he wanted. Since then it’s been a series of scrub transfers.

I’m ready for the next era of Oregon basketball. Altman isn’t it.
I’m not going to defend them but Beta Richardson is the biggest problem, his stats are a joke, he has more turnovers than points, assists, and rebounds.
Richardson should be a rich man’s Calliste.

Altman built a roster that forces Richardson to be Pritchard. He isn’t that. And he never will be. And that isn’t a reflection on Richardson.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:If things don’t drastically turn around this season and we have another NIT season then I think the Altman era may be coming to an end, but it’s very premature to say that.

Though people on this forum attacked me big time when I saw Altman peaked with the Final Four team and it was downhill from there.
Altman’s obsession with the less-than players in recent years has completely changed my opinion of him. The Elijah Brown year was it for me. I can’t be a real fan of that bullshit. That guy was an absolute scrub, and Altman let him do whatever he wanted. Since then it’s been a series of scrub transfers.

I’m ready for the next era of Oregon basketball. Altman isn’t it.
Geez, get over it. Guerrier was 3rd team All-ACC, Bartholomew was a double digit scorer at Colorado. Both were 4 stars coming out of high school. Your narrative that he’s plucking shitty transfers that don’t belong in the power 5 is weak. They are obviously playing terrible this game, but they’ll gel over time. They have multiple wings out right now, which is forcing them to play big, and have less shooters available. They haven’t been able to scrimmage due to lack of bodies with injuries. Give it a few weeks before starting with the overreaction.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

It’s time to move on from Dana.

His midmajor mentality works great for his love for less-than players like Omoruyi, Guerrier, etc.

We shouldn’t have players like this at Oregon. They’re not good enough to contribute to anything meaningful.

Altman either commits fully to developing the young talent he recruits or he gets shitcanned. I’m fine either way.
Last edited by Ghost of Tajuan Porter on Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

And now Soares is injured again.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Dana should be thanked for what he has done for the program, then promptly fired into the sun.

Need some new blood. Hope the university moves on this before it’s too late.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Dana should be thanked for what he has done for the program, then promptly fired into the sun.

That's a little harsh/hyperbolic. With the recruits they have coming, they're going to give him time.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Dana should be thanked for what he has done for the program, then promptly fired into the sun.

Gonna ride with Dana over the Ghost of Tajuan Porter. Sorry, man.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

They’ll definitely give him time, but they shouldn’t.

He’ll bring in undersized, underskilled scrubs that will play in front of Cook, Evans and Sheldstad.

His obsession with upperclassmen will be his undoing. The current team is 100% a reflection of what he values. He wants all seniors, but his team is full of retreads that aren’t good enough.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Time for Altman to go. I know some of you are too sensitive to accept that, but the end has come.

I’ll always love the memory of the Bell/Brooks/Boucher/Pritchard games, but Altman’s love for the underdogs has turned this program into a joke.
Last edited by Ghost of Tajuan Porter on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks will need to get things figured out quickly against Montana State with Houston coming in on the 20th.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Time for Altman to go. I know some of you are too sensitive to accept that, but the end has come.

I’ll always love the memory of the Bell/Brooks/Boucher/Pritchard games, but Altman’s live for the underdogs has turned this program into a joke.
Keep screaming the same dumb take into the abyss. Maybe you’ll find one other dork to agree with it.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

droop10 wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Time for Altman to go. I know some of you are too sensitive to accept that, but the end has come.

I’ll always love the memory of the Bell/Brooks/Boucher/Pritchard games, but Altman’s live for the underdogs has turned this program into a joke.
Keep screaming the same dumb take into the abyss. Maybe you’ll find one other dork to agree with it.
If posting here is screaming into the abyss, then cool, same to you. Glad you’re cool with a blowout loss to a midmajor program. I’m not. I’d like more for the program.

Happy to meet up in Eugene somewhere if you’re interested in telling me more about what you think about me. Just let me know.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

droop10 wrote:

If posting here is screaming into the abyss, then cool, same to you. Glad you’re cool with a blowout loss to a midmajor program. I’m not. I’d like more for the program.

Happy to meet up in Eugene somewhere if you’re interested in telling me more about what you think about me. Just let me know.
Cool it with the tough guy act.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

greenyellow wrote:
droop10 wrote:

Cool it with the tough guy act.
Fine with me. Reprimand the personal attacks if you’re not interested in having them here. Seems reasonable.