UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Post by pudgejeff »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:
droop10 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Guerrier, Bartholemy, Omoruyi, Elijah Brown, etc. etc etc. should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the university of Oregon. I can’t even imagine watching these scrubs play for us and being happy.
What the actual f**k are you talking about? The fact you keep listing Omoruyi as an example of a player that is not Oregon worthy just underscores how bad your opinions are. Omoruyi was All-Pac-12 First Team during his season at Oregon. Omoruyi was the only player that proved durable enough to start every game. He led the team in scoring while scoring in double figures in 26 of 28 games. When the Ducks won in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, Omoruyi had 17 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks. In the Sweet 16, Omoruyi had 28 points and 10 rebound. He has even gone on to play in the NBA. Despite all this, you are dumb enough to list him as example of a player that "should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the University of Oregon?"
He has to be trolling at this point. There’s no way any reasonable human being can have these takes. If he’s not trolling, then he’s plain delusional about the status of the Oregon basketball program. Either way, he’s beyond reason.
Keep attacking me if it makes you feel better. I genuinely don’t care. We just lost to UC Irvine, with scrubs like Guerrier and Bartholemy in the starting line up. Anyone other than Altman could have predicted struggling with those two starting.

Tell me again how stupid I am though. My alma mater won 84-38 yesterday, and they aren’t loading up with senior transfers every year.
Lulz
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Post by Ghost of Tajuan Porter »

pudgejeff wrote:
droop10 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Guerrier, Bartholemy, Omoruyi, Elijah Brown, etc. etc etc. should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the university of Oregon. I can’t even imagine watching these scrubs play for us and being happy.
What the actual f**k are you talking about? The fact you keep listing Omoruyi as an example of a player that is not Oregon worthy just underscores how bad your opinions are. Omoruyi was All-Pac-12 First Team during his season at Oregon. Omoruyi was the only player that proved durable enough to start every game. He led the team in scoring while scoring in double figures in 26 of 28 games. When the Ducks won in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, Omoruyi had 17 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks. In the Sweet 16, Omoruyi had 28 points and 10 rebound. He has even gone on to play in the NBA. Despite all this, you are dumb enough to list him as example of a player that "should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the University of Oregon?"
He has to be trolling at this point. There’s no way any reasonable human being can have these takes. If he’s not trolling, then he’s plain delusional about the status of the Oregon basketball program. Either way, he’s beyond reason.
Keep attacking me if it makes you feel better. I genuinely don’t care. We just lost to UC Irvine, with scrubs like Guerrier and Bartholemy in the starting line up. Anyone other than Altman could have predicted struggling with those two starting.

Tell me again how stupid I am though. My alma mater won 84-38 yesterday, and they aren’t loading up with senior transfers every year.
Lulz
Glad you’re able to laugh about Oregon losing like this, fatjeff. I have a hard time approaching it with that kind of levity.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

I think you still have resentment at Dana for knocking your alma mater’s team out of the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Not sure why you included Omoruyi as he's in the NBA now and just had 22 points tonight for OKC against Toronto.
He was one of the most selfish players I’ve seen at Oregon. You don’t win anything with an underskilled, undersized played taking all of your shots.

Cool that he scored 22 points in some meaningless game though?
What? Not sure you're remembering that season at all as that team was pretty balanced with Figueroa, Richardson, Williams, and Duarte starting alongside Omoruyi.
I’m not misremembering anything. Omoruyi was an insanely selfish player, and the team didn’t accomplish anything meaningful. He led the team in FGA by a significant margin, and would have whether he was shooting 30% or 60%. I’ll leave it up to you to guess which he was closer to.

These senior transfers that come in trying to prove they can shoot from three or whatever have damn near killed my interest in the program. Bartholemy and Guerrier are just the newest. Neither are good enough, and a team led by players like this never will be.
I know I said I was done, but couldn't resist with this one. Omoruyi was actually closer to 60% than 30%. He shot over 50% from 2 and a respectable 38% from 3, so 47% from the field. He led the team by 2 FGA per game. How could anyone else have ever seen the ball?! Now that I see you are a Duke fan, the entitlement all makes sense. For starters, comparing UC Irvine to USC Upstate is complete nonsense as Irvine is vastly better. Secondly, to expect Oregon to have the same recruiting classes as Duke is absurd. Duke has a little more history at their program.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I mean the reality is Guerrier was better at Syracuse 3 years ago then he’s been here.

And Richardson seems like the same guy as the 2nd half of last year.

Our bigs do look better but with no shooters and no one who can drive and create, even Altman is gonna have a lot of problems winning with a team like that.

I’m less disappointed with his coaching and more disappointed with the type of players we’ve been recruiting and developing these last few seasons.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I mean the reality is Guerrier was better at Syracuse 3 years ago then he’s been here.

Our bigs do look better but with no shooters and no one who can drive and create, even Altman is gonna have a lot of problems winning with a team like that.

I’m less disappointed with his coaching and more disappointed with the type of players we’ve been recruiting and developing these last few seasons.
You guys realize they only had 8 scholarship players healthy yesterday and 3 of them were 7 footers. Give them a little room to get healthy before you start complaining about recruiting/developing. I know it was a tough loss to watch last night and there are some emotions still boiling over, but this team is incredibly talented. The shooting will come around, even if they only shoot 30% from three it would be miles better than we've seen.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I mean the reality is Guerrier was better at Syracuse 3 years ago then he’s been here.

You guys realize they only had 8 scholarship players healthy yesterday and 3 of them were 7 footers. Give them a little room to get healthy before you start complaining about recruiting/developing. I know it was a tough loss to watch last night and there are some emotions still boiling over, but this team is incredibly talented. The shooting will come around, even if they only shoot 30% from three it would be miles better than we've seen.
Obviously last night was a worse than usual game. But I think the root issue of poor outside shooting and lack of players who can attack the basket is still reality.

And it’s been an obvious problem these last few years compared to the past decade.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

This tajuan porter poster is kooked out and love it