UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nov 11 (Fri) 8:00 PM PT

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Garbage PAC-12 app isn’t working, wish I could watch this!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Garbage PAC-12 app isn’t working, wish I could watch this!
Don’t worry, you don’t want to be watching so far lol
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Post by Ghost of Tajuan Porter »

Genuinely can’t wrap my head around wtf Altman was thinking with this roster construction. Bartholemy and Guerrier are midmajor players at best. They’re both undersized and can’t shoot. They’ve both got a long history of being small and unable to shoot. Neither are good enough and neither will ever be good enough. Guerrier especially is frustrating for me. He’s really unbelievably bad. He isn’t good in literally any phase of the game. Both love to shoot though. No winning teams are led by players that love to shoot but can’t shoot. That’s what this team is.

Altman needs to stop recruiting undersized 30% 3pt shooters and expecting them to flip a switch. Guys like Guerrier and Bartholemy don’t belong at Oregon. They belong at Florida A&M or UC Irvine.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I see things haven’t changed for Will Richardson.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has no one that is a confident outside shooter. They can't depend on Dante for everything.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Dana needs to quit looking at the transfer portal and start focusing on developing talent. I’m so sick of watching these less-than transfers, with long histories of being less-than, come in with the sole intention of improving their pro prospects.

This team has literally one shooter in Will Richardson, and everyone knows it. Why bring in Bartholemy? He’s Jacob Young 2.0. Too small and can’t shoot.

This team will be lucky to make the NIT. It’s getting really, really difficult to be a fan. Watching Dana bring in the undersized/underskilled D1 transfers every year is getting old.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon has no one that is a confident outside shooter. They can't depend on Dante for everything.
At this point it’s hard to be patient with Will Richardson. 0 pt half with 2 FGA and he’s our supposed leader? He’s the only one with the talent to be a leader but he’s such a beta personality, it’s really frustrating to see this continue into his Sr season. He really needs sport psychiatry.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Down by 18 in the 2nd half. Beyond terrible.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

23 now. No outside shooting, no one attacking. Perhaps the worst home game in the DA era.

Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon has no one that is a confident outside shooter. They can't depend on Dante for everything.
At this point it’s hard to be patient with Will Richardson. 0 pt half with 2 FGA and he’s our supposed leader? He’s the only one with the talent to be a leader but he’s such a beta personality, it’s really frustrating to see this continue into his Sr season. He really needs sport psychiatry.
I actually feel bad for Richardson. He’s very clearly the best player on the team and it isn’t even close. But he isn’t a creator. And Altman has surrounded him with retread losers from other programs for his entire career since Pritchard left.

This is just an obviously poorly constructed team. NIT at best. Dana went from a poorly constructed team that couldn’t shoot to an equally poorly constructed team that can’t shoot. Might be time for him to go. His obsession with undersized, underskilled players has always pissed me off. He’s very clearly always seen himself in those less-than players. I don’t want the Bartholemy’s and Guerrier’s of the world. You don’t win with them. Period.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If things don’t drastically turn around this season and we have another NIT season then I think the Altman era may be coming to an end, but it’s very premature to say that.

Though people on this forum attacked me big time when I saw Altman peaked with the Final Four team and it was downhill from there.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

OregonFan4Life wrote:If things don’t drastically turn around this season and we have another NIT season then I think the Altman era may be coming to an end, but it’s very premature to say that.

Though people on this forum attacked me big time when I saw Altman peaked with the Final Four team and it was downhill from there.
Altman’s obsession with the less-than players in recent years has completely changed my opinion of him. The Elijah Brown year was it for me. I can’t be a real fan of that bullshit. That guy was an absolute scrub, and Altman let him do whatever he wanted. Since then it’s been a series of scrub transfers.

I’m ready for the next era of Oregon basketball. Altman isn’t it.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:If things don’t drastically turn around this season and we have another NIT season then I think the Altman era may be coming to an end, but it’s very premature to say that.

Altman’s obsession with the less-than players in recent years has completely changed my opinion of him. The Elijah Brown year was it for me. I can’t be a real fan of that bullshit. That guy was an absolute scrub, and Altman let him do whatever he wanted. Since then it’s been a series of scrub transfers.

I’m ready for the next era of Oregon basketball. Altman isn’t it.
I’m not going to defend them but Beta Richardson is the biggest problem, his stats are a joke, he has more turnovers than points, assists, and rebounds.