UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gogreen55
Senior

Re: UC Irvine @ #21 Oregon (Fri 8 PM, Pac-12 net)

Post by gogreen55 »

I hope they didn't bring any of the football recruits to that game. What a trainwreck.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

gogreen55 wrote:I hope they didn't bring any of the football recruits to that game. What a trainwreck.
Eh, while I didn't see any of them there, I also don't think the basketball team playing poorly would have any effect on a football recruit's trip.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

I smell a beavis!
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Time for Altman to go. I know some of you are too sensitive to accept that, but the end has come.

I’ll always love the memory of the Bell/Brooks/Boucher/Pritchard games, but Altman’s live for the underdogs has turned this program into a joke.
Keep screaming the same dumb take into the abyss. Maybe you’ll find one other dork to agree with it.
If posting here is screaming into the abyss, then cool, same to you. Glad you’re cool with a blowout loss to a midmajor program. I’m not. I’d like more for the program.

Happy to meet up in Eugene somewhere if you’re interested in telling me more about what you think about me. Just let me know.
:lol: :lol:

It's alright, bud. Losses happen. They don't have ideal lineups right now, because they have a number of injuries at the guard and wing positions. Also, if you think Altman is turning away stars, because he would prefer to have an "underdog," then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, your examples of these scrappy "underdogs" are terrible. Omoruyi is seeing playing time on an NBA roster, Guerrier was 3rd team All-ACC, and Barthelemy was a 4 star guard starting on a Power 5 team that made the tourney last year. The only example that is viable is Elijah Brown, but that was a weak roster all around, and Brown wasn't starting over anyone that deserved to see more playing time. Sure, let's go ahead and fire one of the winningest college basketball coaches in history though. Surely, Oregon will somehow find an upgrade.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Post by Ghost of Tajuan Porter »

droop10 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Time for Altman to go. I know some of you are too sensitive to accept that, but the end has come.

I’ll always love the memory of the Bell/Brooks/Boucher/Pritchard games, but Altman’s live for the underdogs has turned this program into a joke.
Keep screaming the same dumb take into the abyss. Maybe you’ll find one other dork to agree with it.
If posting here is screaming into the abyss, then cool, same to you. Glad you’re cool with a blowout loss to a midmajor program. I’m not. I’d like more for the program.

Happy to meet up in Eugene somewhere if you’re interested in telling me more about what you think about me. Just let me know.

It's alright, bud. Losses happen. They don't have ideal lineups right now, because they have a number of injuries at the guard and wing positions. Also, if you think Altman is turning away stars, because he would prefer to have an "underdog," then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, your examples of these scrappy "underdogs" are terrible. Omoruyi is seeing playing time on an NBA roster, Guerrier was 3rd team All-ACC, and Barthelemy was a 4 star guard starting on a Power 5 team that made the tourney last year. The only example that is viable is Elijah Brown, but that was a weak roster all around, and Brown wasn't starting over anyone that deserved to see more playing time. Sure, let's go ahead and fire one of the winningest college basketball coaches in history though. Surely, Oregon will somehow find an upgrade.
Oh my god, we must all be wrong… Guerrier was 3rd team all something at one point!!!

Pretend to laugh all you want, “bud.” Losing to UC Irvine is embarrassing and the entire country sees it as such. Your flip response to a serious loss tells me all I need to know about you.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

droop10 wrote:
droop10 wrote:

Oh my god, we must all be wrong… Guerrier was 3rd team all something at one point!!!

Pretend to laugh all you want, “bud.” Losing to UC Irvine is embarrassing and the entire country sees it as such. Your flip response to a serious loss tells me all I need to know about you.
Who is we? You are the only one complaining about Guerrier. He was playing better than anyone else on the team down the stretch last season. Your comment was that he belonged at a mid-major, which seems ludicrous when you consider he made an All-Conference team at a Power 5 school as a sophomore. If anything, Guerrier is playing out of position at the moment, but probably out of necessity, due to their lack of wings with all the injuries. I learned long ago not to sweat early season struggles from Altman teams. It's a long season, and this loss won't make or break their season. Could it be a harbinger of things to come? Who knows. I've seen Altman teams lose to bad mid-majors in the past, only to come back and win the Pac-12 that same season. It's too early to get bent out of shape. But if you want to continue to go on about how they should fire one of the winningest NCAA basketball coaches in history, and the most successful coach in school history, because they lost to a mid-major in November, by all means go at it. I'm sure there are tons of better coaches out there begging to come to Oregon.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

This garbage basketball is the result of recruiting garbage transfers that have a long history of being garbage.

Altman loves these less-than upperclassman because that’s what he was. He’s lost the plot.

Guerrier, Bartholemy, Omoruyi, Elijah Brown, etc. etc etc. should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the university of Oregon. I can’t even imagine watching these scrubs play for us and being happy.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure why you included Omoruyi as he's in the NBA now and just had 22 points tonight for OKC against Toronto.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

greenyellow wrote:Not sure why you included Omoruyi as he's in the NBA now and just had 22 points tonight for OKC against Toronto.
He was one of the most selfish players I’ve seen at Oregon. You don’t win anything with an underskilled, undersized played taking all of your shots.

Cool that he scored 22 points in some meaningless game though?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow wrote:Not sure why you included Omoruyi as he's in the NBA now and just had 22 points tonight for OKC against Toronto.
He was one of the most selfish players I’ve seen at Oregon. You don’t win anything with an underskilled, undersized played taking all of your shots.

What? Not sure you're remembering that season at all as that team was pretty balanced with Figueroa, Richardson, Williams, and Duarte starting alongside Omoruyi.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Guerrier, Bartholemy, Omoruyi, Elijah Brown, etc. etc etc. should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the university of Oregon. I can’t even imagine watching these scrubs play for us and being happy.
What the actual f**k are you talking about? The fact you keep listing Omoruyi as an example of a player that is not Oregon worthy just underscores how bad your opinions are. Omoruyi was All-Pac-12 First Team during his season at Oregon. Omoruyi was the only player that proved durable enough to start every game. He led the team in scoring while scoring in double figures in 26 of 28 games. When the Ducks won in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, Omoruyi had 17 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks. In the Sweet 16, Omoruyi had 28 points and 10 rebound. He has even gone on to play in the NBA. Despite all this, you are dumb enough to list him as example of a player that "should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the University of Oregon?"
Last edited by gogreen55 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Yeah, it’s obvious you are impossible to reason with, so this will be the least I respond to you for now. I have no idea where you come up with Omoruyi being a selfish player, and they did win the PAC-12 title and make the Sweet 16, so they did do some winning apparently with him taking all these shots. I think the point here is that if he was somehow under skilled for the college game, he certainly wouldn’t be seeing playing time in the NBA, but we all know your evaluation skills are top notch. Just another guy that was first team all-conference, but apparently not good enough to play on the Ducks. Do you really think Altman is turning away blue chip prospects, so he can bring in scrap transfers, because they remind him of himself? :lol:
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

gogreen55 wrote:
Ghost of Tajuan Porter wrote:Guerrier, Bartholemy, Omoruyi, Elijah Brown, etc. etc etc. should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the university of Oregon. I can’t even imagine watching these scrubs play for us and being happy.
What the actual f**k are you talking about? The fact you keep listing Omoruyi as an example of a player that is not Oregon worthy just underscores how bad your opinions are. Omoruyi was All-Pac-12 First Team during his season at Oregon. Omoruyi was the only player that proved durable enough to start every game. He led the team in scoring while scoring in double figures in 26 of 28 games. When the Ducks won in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, Omoruyi had 17 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks. In the Sweet 16, Omoruyi had 28 points and 10 rebound. He has even gone on to play in the NBA. Despite all this, you are dumb enough to list him as example of a player that "should NEVER have had the privilege of playing for the University of Oregon?"
He has to be trolling at this point. There’s no way any reasonable human being can have these takes. If he’s not trolling, then he’s plain delusional about the status of the Oregon basketball program. Either way, he’s beyond reason.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

greenyellow wrote:

What? Not sure you're remembering that season at all as that team was pretty balanced with Figueroa, Richardson, Williams, and Duarte starting alongside Omoruyi.
I’m not misremembering anything. Omoruyi was an insanely selfish player, and the team didn’t accomplish anything meaningful. He led the team in FGA by a significant margin, and would have whether he was shooting 30% or 60%. I’ll leave it up to you to guess which he was closer to.

These senior transfers that come in trying to prove they can shoot from three or whatever have damn near killed my interest in the program. Bartholemy and Guerrier are just the newest. Neither are good enough, and a team led by players like this never will be.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

droop10 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
He has to be trolling at this point. There’s no way any reasonable human being can have these takes. If he’s not trolling, then he’s plain delusional about the status of the Oregon basketball program. Either way, he’s beyond reason.
Keep attacking me if it makes you feel better. I genuinely don’t care. We just lost to UC Irvine, with scrubs like Guerrier and Bartholemy in the starting line up. Anyone other than Altman could have predicted struggling with those two starting.

Tell me again how stupid I am though. My alma mater won 84-38 yesterday, and they aren’t loading up with senior transfers every year.