MBB: Montana State @ Oregon (Nov. 15, Tue 6 PM Pac-12)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Montana State @ Oregon (Nov. 15, Tue 6 PM Pac-12)

Post by greenyellow »

MONTANA STATE
NOV. 15 (TUESDAY) 6 PM
EUGENE, OR
TV: PAC-12 OREGON
greenyellow

Re: MBB: Montana State @ Oregon (Nov. 15, Tue 6 PM Pac-12)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks looking so much better tonight. Oregon is hitting much better from three but also just using their size advantage to punish Montana State on both ends. Ware is flashing his potential with some massive dunks, great defense, and two three-pointers.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks bounce back with a nice 30-point win over the Bobcats. Ware led the way with 16 points while Richardson, Barthelemy, Guerrier, and Bittle all had double figures as well. There was a scary moment at the end when Dante went down with an injury but he looked okay on the bench shortly afterward. Hopefully he'll be able to play against Houston on Sunday.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I'm just watching my recording of this, but nice to see them bounce back -- particularly with #3 Houston coming to MKA on Sunday.

I was noting that Gabe Reichle played a little in the first half. He's a walk-on from Wilsonville, I believe. That was surprising to see him play in non-garbage time. I wonder if one of the scholarship players was somewhat in the doghouse for the first part of the game.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Greenblood wrote:I was noting that Gabe Reichle played a little in the first half. He's a walk-on from Wilsonville, I believe. That was surprising to see him play in non-garbage time. I wonder if one of the scholarship players was somewhat in the doghouse for the first part of the game.
Reichle was playing ahead of Tyrone Williams.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I'm betting doghouse for T Williams. He didn't enter game until 10 minutes left and then played very passively on offense.

They still looked like they could easily be taken out of their offense by a good defensive team. They are not yet ready for a rematch with Cal Irvine, but this is an Altman team so there is like a 95% chance they will be later in the year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We looked much better. It was good to see Ware and Bittle play so well. I think they will be key to our success. Their shot blocking, ability to shoot outside, and their rebounding will be vital for us! Especially since I feel like our guard play won't be as strong as it should be.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Going forward, I think it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with the rotation as players come off the injured list. Assuming that Williams is a consistent contributor, there's an 8-man rotation, which has been pretty standard with Altman over the years. Sometimes he's even made due with primarily seven. My understanding is that Couisnard probably would have started over Barthelemy, but Couisnard isn't expected back until about January, and I doubt he'd immediately start. Rigsby is supposed to be a pretty good shooter, but I don't know that that would mean tons of PT for him. I'll certainly be happy for more "depth," including simply having a full complement of players who can practice. But I wonder how much difference it will make in the Ducks we see on the court from game to game.