#21 Oregon @ Southern (11/14/22)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

#21 Oregon @ Southern (11/14/22)

Post by Greenblood »

Ducks win 83-46. Seems like a nice win. A 10/10 double/double for Kyei and a 9/5/7 night for Paopao.

Though I realize such comparisons can ultimately prove to be worthless, I note that Southern had previously lost by 53 at #4 Iowa and by 24 @ #8 Iowa St.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: #21 Oregon @ Southern (11/14/22)

Post by gogreen55 »

The second half was a lot better than the first half. The Ducks came out looking pretty sluggish and unimpressive in the first half, but the second half was closer to what you hope they can look like more consistently. There will probably be some growing pains against better competition though.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:The second half was a lot better than the first half. The Ducks came out looking pretty sluggish and unimpressive in the first half, but the second half was closer to what you hope they can look like more consistently. There will probably be some growing pains against better competition though.
Growing pains coming for sure. But there are some very talented ladies on this team and some others with huge potential (yeah, I said the P word) I just hope they can continue the streak of appearances in The tournament. I think they will...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:The second half was a lot better than the first half. The Ducks came out looking pretty sluggish and unimpressive in the first half, but the second half was closer to what you hope they can look like more consistently. There will probably be some growing pains against better competition though.
I thought the first half that the two veteran guards were still concentrating on getting the 3 freshman rolling. In the second half they started looking for their own offense and put the game away. Also Hurst had one of those games she has a few times a year where she is a lights out 3 point streak shooter.