WBB P12T: Oregon v UW (Mar. 1, Wed 2:30 PM P12N)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB P12T: Oregon v UW (Mar. 1, Wed 2:30 PM P12N)

Post by greenyellow »

PAC-12 TOURNAMENT 1ST ROUND
WASHINGTON
MAR. 1 (WED) 2:30 PM
LAS VEGAS, NV
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB P12T: Oregon v UW (Mar. 1, Wed 2:30 PM P12N)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Ducks will be playing with 7 healthy players. Grace will be out, Chance is unlikely but may play hobbled.

UW plays an ugly deliberate style, lots of low scoring close games. The most consistent correlation in beating them is to win the 3-point efficiency battle. Whereas with Oregon shooting over .400 overall has a huge correlation to their success.

They will need Hosendove to play a lot this game. She will rebound and set screens and maybe pickup some garbage points but she needs to stay out of foul trouble; she fouls a lot.

Everyone cross your fingers for Hurst, She'll play a lot and they'll temp her to shoot because she is in a ferocious shooting slump. A 350 3 point shooter last year, she is barely over half way to the Mendosa Line in conference play this year. On the other hand she is due, big time.

I'm believing winning this game will be enough to get to the NCAAs.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

I just watch Oregon WBB for the good fundamentals.

The Oregon MBB team could be better if they could just understand how women play the game.

You go girls!
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Ducks will be playing with 7 healthy players. Grace will be out, Chance is unlikely but may play hobbled.

UW plays an ugly deliberate style, lots of low scoring close games. The most consistent correlation in beating them is to win the 3-point efficiency battle. Whereas with Oregon shooting over .400 overall has a huge correlation to their success.

They will need Hosendove to play a lot this game. She will rebound and set screens and maybe pickup some garbage points but she needs to stay out of foul trouble; she fouls a lot.

Everyone cross your fingers for Hurst, She'll play a lot and they'll temp her to shoot because she is in a ferocious shooting slump. A 350 3 point shooter last year, she is barely over half way to the Mendosa Line in conference play this year. On the other hand she is due, big time.

I'm believing winning this game will be enough to get to the NCAAs.
I heard a couple times from announcers that they had to have 18 wins. Maybe that isn't correct.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Great start by the team but Kyei ran out of gas and Hurst continues to struggle and it cost us a lot of points. Still close though.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Started game good, but from 2nd qtr on have been terrible. Can't buy a basket, tos, outrebounded, etc Playing decent defense, but, can't win unless offense comes alive. Down 5 with 6 min. left.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Ducks 52-50 Way to go ladies! Showed lots of guts!!
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

It wasn't pretty, but Rogers and PaoPao did what they had to do to win. 41 of 52 pts. Rogers is underrated imo. Maybe the best guard in PAC-12. They really didn't get a lot of help from the rest of the team. KG tried about every combination he could around them. Rogers also was leading rebounder. They will have to have more help from the rest of the team to have any chance against Stanford.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Well 2 ladies showed up. Don’t win many games like that Win is a win I guess. Go DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I guess Rogers wanted to make sure everyone watching knew who the 3 time All-Conference guard was. What a ummm concentrated box score that is.

Despite what the announcers may have said I still have hope I'm right about 17 wins being enough.

According to the NCAA tourney selection principles and procedures pdf, starting at page 2 for selecting the 36 at large teams after the conference champions are determined. The only qualifier I find is that at large teams must have a .500 or above record; otherwise its the top 36 non-conference champions. Then they list the criteria for determining those teams and Oregon comes out pretty good in several of the categories.

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public- ... s-2023.pdf
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Wouldn't it be great to give Stanford a nice kick in the ass? Last few games they have kind of a cocky attitude towards the Ducks. Like to see that smirk disappear!.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

nogerO wrote:Wouldn't it be great to give Stanford a nice kick in the ass? Last few games they have kind of a cocky attitude towards the Ducks. Like to see that smirk disappear!.
I thought that smirk was a pre-requisite for being a team member...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

[quote="GrandpaDuck"]I guess Rogers wanted to make sure everyone watching knew who the 3 time All-Conference guard was. What a ummm concentrated box score that is.

Despite what the announcers may have said I still have hope I'm right about 17 wins being enough.

According to the NCAA tourney selection principles and procedures pdf, starting at page 2 for selecting the 36 at large teams after the conference champions are determined. The only qualifier I find is that at large teams must have a .500 or above record; otherwise its the top 36 non-conference champions. Then they list the criteria for determining those teams and Oregon comes out pretty good in several of the categories.

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public- ... s-2023.pdf[/quote

I hope that's true. It may have been their speculating, and I misunderstood