WSU wins Pac-12 Tourney

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

WSU wins Pac-12 Tourney

Post by nogerO »

Beats UCLA 65-61.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
gogreen55
Senior

Re: WSU wins Pac-12 Tourney

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't know how much this impacts Oregon's chances of getting in the tourney, but it doesn't help.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:I don't know how much this impacts Oregon's chances of getting in the tourney, but it doesn't help.
It potentially hurts a lot. WSU was behind Oregon in the net and is still behind even after winning the Conference. WSU getting the auto bid puts one more team that was ahead of Oregon in the Net (ie Stanford, Utah) into the At-Large pool. Since Oregon is listed as the first team out on ESPN's bracketology putting that one higher ranked team in the pool could be all the difference in Oregon not making it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon was listed as the First Team Out in ESPN's latest WBB Bracketology so it does seem WSU getting in hurt them.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

NIT BABY!!!

I’m old enough to remember this was a big deal, men or women :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I definitely remember several years when being in the NIT WAS a big deal.

I remember Oral Roberts praying for the Ducks to win it all after his favorite 'Golden Eagles' lost to the Kamikaze Kids... Dang, I'm OLD!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I love my Ducks, but lets face it, this team has no business in the tourny. This is not a good basketball team.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

woundedknees wrote:I definitely remember several years when being in the NIT WAS a big deal.

I remember Oral Roberts praying for the Ducks to win it all after his favorite 'Golden Eagles' lost to the Kamikaze Kids... Dang, I'm OLD!
Did you have a dinosaur for a pet when you were little too?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

QuackininBama wrote:I love my Ducks, but lets face it, this team has no business in the tourny. This is not a good basketball team.
Well they likely wont get in now that U of Portland beat Gonzaga to get the WCC auto bid.

The thing is Oregon would beat the snot out of at least 20 of the 32 auto qualifiers so I don't mind if they get in. U of P is above average for the auto group but Oregon beat them by 40 points. In women's basketball the PAC-12 is just so strong that every night you face a team that would cake walk to the regular season championship of most every non-power 5 league (and a couple of those).
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Very sad how far we have fallen. Just watching some of the vids from a few years ago when the team was in battles with great teams.
But people are right this team just has far too many weaknesses. Graves needs to pick up a post from portal.