MBB P12T: Oregon v UCLA (Mar. 10, Fri 6 PM P12N)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB P12T: Oregon v UCLA (Mar. 10, Fri 6 PM P12N)

Post by greenyellow »

PAC-12 TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS
UCLA
MAR. 10 (FRI) 6 PM
LAS VEGAS, NV
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: MBB P12T: Oregon v UCLA (Mar. 10, Fri 6 PM P12N)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lot of bubble teams are already out. If Oregon wins, they're probably in.

The only problem is I put us at about a 5% chance of winning today. UCLA is tough.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Yeah. I am pulling for them, but hard to see a situation where they win this game. Will has heavy tape on his shooting hand and is clearly not okay. Dante is not going to be 100% after hurting his ankle. They are going to need to play the game of their lives.

Did anyone else catch that last night? The announcers said that this team is on track to finish with the lowest 3-point shooting percentage in program history. I didn't look it up to check, but it certainly feels like it.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Lot of bubble teams are already out. If Oregon wins, they're probably in.

The only problem is I put us at about a 5% chance of winning today. UCLA is tough.
Vegas has us at +190, which implies about a 33% chance. But I'm with you, doesn't feel nearly that high.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tray Dub wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Lot of bubble teams are already out. If Oregon wins, they're probably in.

Vegas has us at +190, which implies about a 33% chance. But I'm with you, doesn't feel nearly that high.
UCLA lost their best defender for the season that’s probably why Oregon is only +190, plus Vegas might not be aware Richardson and Dante aren’t 100%. This Oregon team has flashes, so hopefully they can play a complete 40 minute game tonight.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Wrong thread, but what do we think next year's starting 5 is?

PG: Jackson Shelstad
SG: Keeshawn Barthelemy
SF: Kwame Evans
SF: Mookie Cook
C: Kelel Ware (or Bittle if Ware goes pro)

Rotation players: Rigsby, Butler, Wur, Soares, transfer PG and maybe Tyrone Williams?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

StevensTechU wrote:Wrong thread, but what do we think next year's starting 5 is?

PG: Jackson Shelstad
SG: Keeshawn Barthelemy
SF: Kwame Evans
SF: Mookie Cook
C: Kelel Ware (or Bittle if Ware goes pro)

Rotation players: Rigsby, Butler, Wur, Soares, transfer PG and maybe Tyrone Williams?
I believe Soares is out of eligibility. Think it could start out with Barthelemy at point and Rigsby at SG. I’m still skeptical Ware sticks around. Also, there’s still the off chance Bronny is a Duck. Wouldn’t entirely rule it out with the Nike connection. I also suspect we see a transfer or two come in, which will have some impact on protected rotation.
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

Cousinard said he is coming back. He'll start and this team will be really good next year. Also pretty sure Dante has another year, I hope he uses it.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

5 Star Ware who doesn't even make all Pac-12 frosh team is going pro? Nonsensical move...If he doesn't stay around at least one more year it must be family financial reasons.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duck92 wrote:Cousinard said he is coming back. He'll start and this team will be really good next year. Also pretty sure Dante has another year, I hope he uses it.
That's my bad. I thought it was Barthelemy that announced he was coming back, but you're right, it was Couisnard.

Looking like a logjam at guard and light at center if Ware moves on.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

droop10 wrote:I believe Soares is out of eligibility. Think it could start out with Barthelemy at point and Rigsby at SG. I’m still skeptical Ware sticks around. Also, there’s still the off chance Bronny is a Duck. Wouldn’t entirely rule it out with the Nike connection. I also suspect we see a transfer or two come in, which will have some impact on protected rotation.
Soares has an extra COVID year still as does Guerrier.
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

Barthelemy was a point at Colorado. I see both starting and Shelstad and Rigsby off the bench. Williams is going to transfer, Imo.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:
droop10 wrote:I believe Soares is out of eligibility. Think it could start out with Barthelemy at point and Rigsby at SG. I’m still skeptical Ware sticks around. Also, there’s still the off chance Bronny is a Duck. Wouldn’t entirely rule it out with the Nike connection. I also suspect we see a transfer or two come in, which will have some impact on protected rotation.
Soares has an extra COVID year still as does Guerrier.
Ah, for some reason thought I’d seen her was out and was too lazy to look at how many years he played at CC or whether they were conferred by the Covid year there. I did forget about Couisnard somehow. Definitely expect him to start.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Part of me kinda wishes the Soares, Guerrier, and Couisnard would move on so we could target some transfers / grad transfers.

Couisnard is a career 37.9% shooter and 31.2% from 3pt range. He is a volume shooter. Will shoot a lot, and look good a few games because he has hot games.
Soares 38.8% FG and 25.9% 3PT and started nearly every game for us.
Guerrier had the worst year of his career.

No disrespect to any of them, but a little bit of a reset from the guys we've had the last couple seasons would probably be healthy and good for DA if he wants to keep his job.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This team can’t shoot.