MBB P12T: Oregon v UCLA (Mar. 10, Fri 6 PM P12N)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Re: MBB P12T: Oregon v UCLA (Mar. 10, Fri 6 PM P12N)

Post by Bigwaved »

One team has shot makers, the Ducks do not.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Part of me kinda wishes the Soares, Guerrier, and Couisnard would move on so we could target some transfers / grad transfers.

Couisnard is a career 37.9% shooter and 31.2% from 3pt range. He is a volume shooter. Will shoot a lot, and look good a few games because he has hot games.
Soares 38.8% FG and 25.9% 3PT and started nearly every game for us.
Guerrier had the worst year of his career.

No disrespect to any of them, but a little bit of a reset from the guys we've had the last couple seasons would probably be healthy and good for DA if he wants to keep his job.
I'm ready to move on from Richardson.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

I’m not a savant but how about we play Bittle and Dante together like we did in the first half. Why go away from what worked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

bigsugarduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Part of me kinda wishes the Soares, Guerrier, and Couisnard would move on so we could target some transfers / grad transfers.

Couisnard is a career 37.9% shooter and 31.2% from 3pt range. He is a volume shooter. Will shoot a lot, and look good a few games because he has hot games.

No disrespect to any of them, but a little bit of a reset from the guys we've had the last couple seasons would probably be healthy and good for DA if he wants to keep his job.
It would be nice to see players who are better at shooting and understanding the game situationally as well. This team is full of poor to average shooters and almost brain dead at the bb IQ stuff. They are not fun to watch.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

bigsugarduck wrote:

Call the moving company please!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Two years in a row of teams that were just hard to watch. Really hope Altman can turn it around next year – would get pretty bleak if not.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Two years in a row where I’m ready for a drastic change at the guard position, I won’t necessarily hate on Will like others but I definitely won’t miss him and he may be the most frustrating player I’ve ever seen. Dude has so much potential but just doesn’t seem to have any fight in him. Any quality guards coming in next season?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Altman stunk tonight, along with a bunch of players.

We have so many “meh” players that we will only win games when our “special” players have an advantage. The only really special players on the team are our big men and somehow after they lost their best big man defender, we decided to take out Bittle and Dante for like a 7 minute stretch???! Unreal.

Our bigs should have dominated UCLA, and they did at times.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Richardson/Soares/Guerrier/Cousinard are all so mediocre
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't see Shelstad coming in and righting all our wrongs, but it won't stop me from hoping.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't see Shelstad coming in and righting all our wrongs, but it won't stop me from hoping.
If nothing else watching a freshman make freshman mistakes is a lot easier to tolerate than 4th and 5th year guys making freshman mistakes.

Much like the final Cristobal year, watching inexcusable/unnecessary struggles are what drive fans crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

Tyger Campbell has another year year to play and Uncle Phil wants a natty. My solution is, we pay him 3 million in nli money to transfer. It would be nice to have a leader on the team,