NIT: UCF @ Oregon (Mar. 19, Sun 4:30 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

NIT: UCF @ Oregon (Mar. 19, Sun 4:30 PM ESPNU)

Post by greenyellow »

NIT SECOND ROUND
UCF
MAR. 19 (SUN) 4:30 PM
EUGENE, OR
TV: ESPNU
rockthief
Senior

Re: NIT: UCF @ Oregon (Mar. 19, Sun 4:30 PM ESPNU)

Post by rockthief »

What would happen if the Ducks stopped the fruitless shots for three and instead worked the ball for closer shots? Dante is out again so they need to do something different inside. But what?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Idk if it’s Altman’s coaching or what, but why do some of these guards with crappy shots have the green light?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Bittle is playing with fervor.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Where has this been all year? Playing great D?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I honestly feel like this team is better without Cousinard, Dante, and Richardson. I don’t know if it’s Cousinard’s ball dominance, Richardson’s tentative play, or Dante occupying the frontcourt too much, but these two games in the NIT are the most energetic and confident I’ve seen this team all season. Great to see guys like Bittle break out.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I really hope Ware doesn’t make a dumb decision and leave after this year. I feel like he is right on the cusp. Both he and Bittle could be first round picks after next year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That easily could have been a 20+ point win if they hadn't turned the ball over so much in the 2nd half. Bittle has really stepped it up without Dante in the lineup and they're getting a lot out of Ware and Guerrier as well. They do need to get a little more scoring out of Barthelemy but he's been running the offense well in place of Richardson. Hoping they can pull out another win against Wisconsin now.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like it'll be gametime decisions once again to see if Dante and/or Couisnard can play on Tuesday.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

greenyellow wrote:That easily could have been a 20+ point win if they hadn't turned the ball over so much in the 2nd half. Bittle has really stepped it up without Dante in the lineup and they're getting a lot out of Ware and Guerrier as well. They do need to get a little more scoring out of Barthelemy but he's been running the offense well in place of Richardson. Hoping they can pull out another win against Wisconsin now.
Bittle was dominant on both ends, but Ware looked lost most of the game, especially on D. Altman kept trying to get Ware minutes, but UCF kept going on runs of 5 or 6 points with him on the court. He’d then reinsert Bittle and the lead would balloon back to 20. Cycled through that several times.

I’d love to see Ware back next year, but he’s got to prove to be coachable on D to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

They are playing hard. Bittle is making a lot of progress. Ware is engaged, witch is good to see since he was not earlier when his minutes were limited. The ball handlers wilt under any pressure at all.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Bittle is just significantly more comfortable at center. If Dante leaves, I expect Bittle to have a big year next year. He’s just an ok 4, as most 4s are quicker than him, and he still doesn’t hit the outside shot consistently enough to be sitting on the perimeter. Certainly they are things he can improve on over the season, he just seems a much more natural fit at the 5.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

droop10 wrote:Bittle is just significantly more comfortable at center. If Dante leaves, I expect Bittle to have a big year next year. He’s just an ok 4, as most 4s are quicker than him, and he still doesn’t hit the outside shot consistently enough to be sitting on the perimeter. Certainly they are things he can improve on over the season, he just seems a much more natural fit at the 5.
I totally agree. I think Creighton's Ryan Kalkbrenner and/or Xavier's Jack Nunge are the model.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Like we saw at the beginning of the season, the team seems to play better without some of their “best” players. Less talented but a better team overall somehow.