WNIT: Rice @ Oregon (Mar. 20, Mon 6 PM Oregon Live Stream)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WNIT: Rice @ Oregon (Mar. 20, Mon 6 PM Oregon Live Stream)

Post by greenyellow »

WNIT SECOND ROUND
RICE
MAR. 20 (MON) 6 PM
EUGENE, OR
TV: OREGON LIVE STREAM
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: WNIT: Rice @ Oregon (Mar. 20, Mon 6 PM Oregon Live Strea

Post by shoparound »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

It is good to see Kyei being more aware under the basket. She snagged 15 rebounds and blocked 8 shots. That holds promise.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I didn't watch the game last night, just followed the box score. Why was Crepea in such a mood?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

rockthief wrote:It is good to see Kyei being more aware under the basket. She snagged 15 rebounds and blocked 8 shots. That holds promise.
They unleashed her on the shot blocking end. Let her swipe one handed at shots instead of 2 hands straight up no jump. This is a show of trust on the coaches part that she'll stay out of foul trouble enough to play her 25 minutes. Also acknowledgement of how well Hosendove is playing lately. When Bashem is playing again they'll have shot blocking all game long. 8 blocks but at least 10 more wild misses through her intimidation.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

James James James. When the Portal was open this team had three 6'7" players, the key most skilled, experienced and versatile one being lost a week before the season started. If Kelly doesn't bring in some muscle this off-season then you can make pissy posts.

He posted this in the first part of the game where the guards were doing everything. Grace and Philli had strong second halves so maybe his attitude got better.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
James James James. When the Portal was open this team had three 6'7" players, the key most skilled, experienced and versatile one being lost a week before the season started. If Kelly doesn't bring in some muscle this off-season then you can make pissy posts.

He posted this in the first part of the game where the guards were doing everything. Grace and Philli had strong second halves so maybe his attitude got better.
"What Kelly Graves is willing to tolerate this year absolutely must change next season if Oregon is going to get back to being an elite team"

I long for the days where journalists just reported the news, and didn't drown you in their opinions. But unfortunately, local news is just doing what it needs to survive. Out with the beat reporters who give you the facts straight, and in with the commentators who masquerade as reporters.

I'll step down from my high horse now....
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Who peed in Creepeo's Wheaties?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Two games in a row where Hurst knocks down multiple 3's at a respectable percentage. Better late than never, but if she had managed to do this at any point during Pac-12 play, we would have likely made the big dance.

Keeping with the glass half empty theme, Hanson had an amazingly inept line this game. She played 19 minutes, 0-4 from the floor, 0-3 from three, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks. At least she managed to get 3 personal fouls. :roll:

I don't know anything about the San Diego women, but I assume the Ducks will once again be considered the favorites in this next matchup. Hopefully they can keep the positive momentum rolling.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:Two games in a row where Hurst knocks down multiple 3's at a respectable percentage. Better late than never, but if she had managed to do this at any point during Pac-12 play, we would have likely made the big dance.

Keeping with the glass half empty theme, Hanson had an amazingly inept line this game. She played 19 minutes, 0-4 from the floor, 0-3 from three, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks. At least she managed to get 3 personal fouls. :roll:

I don't know anything about the San Diego women, but I assume the Ducks will once again be considered the favorites in this next matchup. Hopefully we can keep the positive momentum rolling.
Oregon is a tough tough matchup for San Diego. They are a bad 3 point shooting team and aren't very big so they will have to deal with a packed Oregon zone with Philli in the middle. They'll need to play their best game of the year to beat Oregon at Oregon in this one so of course ..........