WBB: Paopao to transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

WBB: Paopao to transfer

Post by shoparound »

Yikes...
Might have been a reference to this earlier...
So she's probably headed to UCLA or AZ
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Re: WBB: Paopao to transfer

Post by ElPatoLoco »

This is sad news. Kind of tough to go all in when this is the new normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems something is going on behind the scenes/off the court with the WBB program.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Sounds like there is a behind the scenes problem going on in the program. Isn't Sabrina supposed to be the program culture director?

But also how wrong is Endyia here, must be learning from bff Angel.
She should know and have seen all the coaches the fanbase has criticized for leaving for another program.

Also note that Jackie NH said playerS as in multiple people have had offers to transfer. So this might not be over yet.
Unfortunately the last 3 years have been such dire and unintelligent basketball, it's easy for this players to pick up a new start elsewhere with nicer location and weather.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Any coach who says someone else is recruiting their players without naming names is part of the problem and has no room complaining.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

greenyellow wrote:Seems something is going on behind the scenes/off the court with the WBB program.
Fake narrative. Fans hate coaches that leave their program hanging. Just look at how badly Willie Taggart’s reputation was tarnished when he left Oregon after one year. It wasn’t just Duck fans either, he became known nationally as a snake almost overnight. It’s very rare that a coach is so revered that fans are ok with them leaving for another school.

The reality is making a commitment to anyone or anything then bailing on said commitment is going to bother people. Everyone would be better off if coaches and players just acknowledged up front that their commitments to a program was year to year.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

I feel like Endyia was responding to our coach and coaches in general. When you look at it through that perspective instead of fans it hits different.

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The problem Hairston is talking about is players receiving offers to transfer before they are in the portal. Even the pro leagues have rules against poaching before free agency.

She really needs to name names of the schools tampering. Why protect them?
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

It is crazy to see that two whole classes are basically wiped out
Shelley / Winterburn /Cochrane
Paopao / Watson / Scherr / Dugalic / Parrish

plus Nyara / Prince / Chavez aka the devil class didn't stick out for their final years either.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrandpaDuck wrote: She really needs to name names of the schools tampering. Why protect them?
Because it's either just an excuse and isn't really happening, or you're doing the exact same thing.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote: She really needs to name names of the schools tampering. Why protect them?
Because it's either just an excuse and isn't really happening, or you're doing the exact same thing.
Well it is really happening and not just to Oregon, if they are doing it too shame on her for complaining and specifically saying they are not.

Interesting thing to me is that before NIL Oregon was getting some big name transfers in. Rogers, Moore and Miksell. Since NIL the players coming in have been non power 5 players and not stars. Does Division Street only do Men's football and BB?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

ElPatoLoco wrote:I feel like Endyia was responding to our coach and coaches in general. When you look at it through that perspective instead of fans it hits different.

For sure. If it’s the coaches making her feel that way then I don’t blame her for saying that.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Players want to play for top teams. The portal makes that possible. UO, right now, is mediocre at best in all sports except maybe FB. Not sure even there. In SB, why play for UO or UA, when you can transfer to UCLA and play for a top team year after yr. Same for Brito to OU. Why stay at UO if you can go to Stanford, LSU, S. Carolina, Iowa in WBB. You can choose one of next years top teams and make the move. UO and others are becoming training grounds for big schools. The portal is ruining college sports. IMO.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

The portal and the NIL will run schools like oregon state to the ground.
I think we can stay competitive but the coaches have to bring their A games or they will have to figure out another way to do this.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Visited South Carolina