Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

CMU Jesse Zarzuela transferring to Oregon

Post by UOducksTK1 »

https://www.on3.com/teams/oregon-ducks/ ... -zarzuela/

16.3 ppg on 35.6% 3PT shooting ain't bad, but has never shot 40% FG or better in a season. Sounds like another volume shooter like Couisnard.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Re: CMU Jesse Zarzuela transferring to Oregon

Post by whosyourwally »

This guy hasn’t played two years at the same school and there’s nothing about his stats that pop.

Dana’s rosters have become so hard to rally around. He’s a great coach, but he’s handcuffing himself by mailing it in on the roster construction.

Here’s to hoping I’m wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Dana has done a great job recruiting Canada. I wish they had a recruiter that covered Europe. So envious of how Arizona gets so many blue-chip European stars to enroll.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UTEP
Navarro College
Coppin State
Central Michigan
Oregon

Wow.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Maybe Dante should reconsider his choice to return, seems like with the guards coming in it’s going to be the exact same problem next year, especially since I’m sure Shelstad will be in the doghouse given Altman’s disdain for true freshmen. Not feeling very optimistic about next year.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Dana loves him some journeyman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The reality is none of the top 30 guards would want to play here cuz we already have 4 starter level guard players.

So for our 5th guard, I’m fine with this. I think the more disappointing thing is who we have at the SG position in front of him. I still wish Couisnard would have transferred. Could have had way more opportunity at some of the bigger name guards in the portal.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:The reality is none of the top 30 guards would want to play here cuz we already have 4 starter level guard players.

So for our 5th guard, I’m fine with this. I think the more disappointing thing is who we have at the SG position in front of him. I still wish Couisnard would have transferred. Could have had way more opportunity at some of the bigger name guards in the portal.
Yeah, seeing people fret about a guy that will be a backup for a season is silly. At this point, he's not blocking any potential prospects or high impact transfers, so what harm does it do to bring him in? People are acting like he's ignoring or turning away stars in lieu of this guy. At this point in the process, it's just added depth. If anything, it's nice to have a proven scorer coming off the bench. One of the top recruiting classes in the nation and still complaints about roster construction.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think it's a point well-taken that this guy is doing a 1-year stint and is coming in with the expectation of being a depth player. But please, let's not act like we haven't been suffering through a steady stream of mediocre shooters for several years now, and I think it is totally legitimate to be wary of another one. One thing I notice is that he shot almost 83% on his free throws last season. After watching the Ducks' abysmal performance at the line last season, I can see why Dana would take a one-year flyer on a guy he can use at the end of games, even if that is the only role the dude ends up playing.
Ghost of Tajuan Porter
One Star Recruit

Post by Ghost of Tajuan Porter »

Stubblefield was definitely the talent evaluator.

Dana sure loves him some “veteran” combo guards that can’t shoot. Gross.