BB NCAA Super Regional: ORU @ Oregon (June 9-11)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

BB NCAA Super Regional: ORU @ Oregon (June 9-11)

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like we won't know all the details about the Super Regional until Tuesday.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: BB NCAA Super Regional: ORU @ Oregon

Post by Zyme »

Hard to plan a trip to eugene if you dont know when sigh.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Per NCAA website, first game will be Friday at 5:00 on ESPNU.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

If Ducks are at home, anyone see what's happening with the Emeralds? They were supposed to have a home series this weekend.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:If Ducks are at home, anyone see what's happening with the Emeralds? They were supposed to have a home series this weekend.
It’s been moved and I guess the Ems are very unhappy about it. Instead of congratulating and being happy for Oregon the organization is whining.

https://www.kezi.com/news/uo-ducks-succ ... 5af5c.html
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Re: BB NCAA Super Regional: ORU @ Oregon (June 9-11)

Post by Duck07 »

Looks like the 1st game between Oregon and Oral Roberts in Baseball.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:If Ducks are at home, anyone see what's happening with the Emeralds? They were supposed to have a home series this weekend.
It’s been moved and I guess the Ems are very unhappy about it. Instead of congratulating and being happy for Oregon the organization is whining.

Thanks.

Doesn't sound totally unreasonable of them to be upset. "“It is a huge loss for us, upwards of almost half a million dollars for us,” Benavides said. “This is detrimental in our operations, this isn't how we can operate moving forward.”"
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Thanks.

Doesn't sound totally unreasonable of them to be upset. "“It is a huge loss for us, upwards of almost half a million dollars for us,” Benavides said. “This is detrimental in our operations, this isn't how we can operate moving forward.”"
I understand that’s a hassle but what do they do expect Oregon to do? This happens when you share a stadium. I just don’t think it’s appropriate to publicly complain about the Oregon Ducks hosting a super regional, even if you lose a lot of money.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Would the Ems even fill out Swede Johnson stadium? Or does Legion ball have a tournament?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:

If that was your team or where you worked I doubt you would say they are whining.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

If that was your team or where you worked I doubt you would say they are whining.
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

They use a facility by a team that has an opportunity to play in a post-season tournament. The dates for the CWS are known through 2030.

If they're losing half a million dollars through their corporate ticket program from one weekend someone in scheduling should be fired.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It'd be nice having Stoffal or Ayon back, I doubt they're going to be available again. Shade will be playing even if he's not starting or hitting.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Neat story involving one of the last remaining members of Oregon's 1954 CWS team.