Let"s talk Baseball

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

WheatDuck
One Star Recruit

Let"s talk Baseball

Post by WheatDuck »

How many baseball fans do we have on C4Q? Baseball is my biggest passion, I would love to talk Baseball.
Some of my Favorites.
Seattle Mariners
Boston Redsox (i'm from Jacoby Ellsbury's home town before moving last yr)
Love coaching baseball
Love talking Baseball
2 biggest addictions Basbell and Ducks

Anybody else as crazy about Baseball????
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Let"s talk Baseball

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm in San Diego, so I'm a Padres fan. Yes, I'm used to losing. :lol: One of the biggest problems is that the Padres have done miserably in the draft. I sure wish we had drafted Ellsbury. For you die hard baseball fans, I would recommend taking a road trip or organized trip and seeing as many ballparks and games as possible. You have to have the money and the time, but it's great to see different cities and different stadiums. Anyway, I doubt I will get to see any duck baseball games on tv here, so all I will have is the internet and this board.
duc_15
One Star Recruit

Post by duc_15 »

I'm a huge baseball fan. I dont really have a favorite team i just enjoy watching games. I follow the yankees only because a person from my high school plays for them. So i'm supre excited the ducks now have a team so I have a team I can follow this year.
RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

I am also a huge baseball fan, has always been my favorite sport. I also happen to be a cardinals fan. It was basically forced onto my when I was born with my whole family being diehard cardinal fans. As far a the ducks I going to try to go to as many games as possible but it will be kind of hard because I live near Portland.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

I don't get how some people like baseball. But i guess people say the same thing to me when i tell them i like track and xc.

Anyway, when i do follow baseball (when nothing else is happening over the summer). I love the Yankees and the STl Cardinals. Busch stadium is absolutely amazing.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Wasn't Portland in the running recently for a baseball team? I think baseball would do well there. The support for the Blazers is great, and Mariners fans up north are also very supportive.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Go yankees and ducks
jasnwip
Two Star Recruit

Post by jasnwip »

I am a huge fan and am very excited to see the Ducks back on the diamond. I played baseball in college and love the sport. It was bitter sweet to get baseball back because I had a lot of success in wrestling in high school. I had to make a decision which sport to play in college and chose baseball but I really believe that my 10 years of wrestling helped develope me into the man I am today. I wish they could have kept wrestling but I am really glad we are fielding a baseball team again. I hope we are competitive this year. It will be tough because the Pac 10 is so Damn tough.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Baseball is what I do for a living. I love the game so much that I moved across the country 10 years ago, to a state I'd never even visited for a job working in minor league baseball. During the season we work about 85 hours a week and I love every minute of it. I can't imagine walking into an office building every day, instead I go to work at a ballpark. How could life be any better?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

alabamaduck wrote:Baseball is what I do for a living. I love the game so much that I moved across the country 10 years ago, to a state I'd never even visited for a job working in minor league baseball. During the season we work about 85 hours a week and I love every minute of it. I can't imagine walking into an office building every day, instead I go to work at a ballpark. How could life be any better?

Really, that's great!!!!! How did you get that job in the first place? Did you major in sports administration or something? What kinds of things do you do at the park? Baseball is my passion. I would love to have a career related to it, but so would many people. I'm interested to hear more. I would travel across the country for a job in baseball. :)
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Marketing degree from Warsaw. Took an internship in '98 in Colorado Springs & fell in love with the job. After the '98 season I was offered an entry level position in Birmingham, which at the time was under the same ownership as Colorado Springs (they also own the Em's by the way). I figured I'd spend a year or two in the South, either move to another job closer to home or grow up and get a real job, but that never happened. I've been with the Barons since the fall of '98 and don't see myself ever leaving.

O started off here selling picnics, and group tickets, and have since been in charge of the ticket office, the group sales office, the stadium operations department and my current job as General Manager of our in-house concessions and catering company. We do everything from putting the tarp on the field when it rains to jumping into the parking lot or a concession stand if things get backed up. During the offseason I sell advertising and season tickets, and work a normal 9-5 day.

Our ballpark also hosts the SEC baseball tournament, so I get to see some top-notch college talent every year, and we're the home stadium for Hoover High Football. That's how I've seen Jackson play several times and have some insight into Hoover Football. I was here for Two-A-Days, which was a major pain in the ass, but it got us some great exposure so I guess it was worth it.

What more do you want to know?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

alabamaduck wrote:Marketing degree from Warsaw. Took an internship in '98 in Colorado Springs & fell in love with the job. After the '98 season I was offered an entry level position in Birmingham, which at the time was under the same ownership as Colorado Springs (they also own the Em's by the way). I figured I'd spend a year or two in the South, either move to another job closer to home or grow up and get a real job, but that never happened. I've been with the Barons since the fall of '98 and don't see myself ever leaving.

O started off here selling picnics, and group tickets, and have since been in charge of the ticket office, the group sales office, the stadium operations department and my current job as General Manager of our in-house concessions and catering company. We do everything from putting the tarp on the field when it rains to jumping into the parking lot or a concession stand if things get backed up. During the offseason I sell advertising and season tickets, and work a normal 9-5 day.

Our ballpark also hosts the SEC baseball tournament, so I get to see some top-notch college talent every year, and we're the home stadium for Hoover High Football. That's how I've seen Jackson play several times and have some insight into Hoover Football. I was here for Two-A-Days, which was a major pain in the ass, but it got us some great exposure so I guess it was worth it.

What more do you want to know?

That's good, thanks for sharing. Good to know there are some big baseball fans on this board.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

No problem...while we're on the subject is anyone interested in putting together a fantasy baseball league? We could do a free league on Yahoo and either set up an online or auto draft
RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

Well bamaduck sounds like you got a pretty sweet job, and I would definitely by in on a fantasy baseball league.
WheatDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by WheatDuck »

I would be interested in a fan leag too. by the way i'm also jealous of your job Bama. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies. ("Guess what we get to do today Brooks? We get to play Baseball") Dennis Quaid "The Rookie"