Horton suspended for three games.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Horton suspended for three games.

Post by AJ_U »

Old news but what do you guys think?

I never saw the tape but apparently his hat hit the upm?

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Horton suspended for three games.

Post by woundedknees »

Gotta watch them baseball caps... They's deadly!

Oh, Mr. Commisioner!!! Horton violated my space!!

I know it's a rule, but sometimes you have to wonder... Were these guys the kids we used to pick on in Junior High?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

I agree with you wounded, this seems like a joke! I mean I understand if it's a rule, but this was clearly an accident and the ump did not need to include that little tidbit of info into his report unless he intended for this to happen, what a punk! Looks like we got some more "Class-Act" Pac-10 Officiating! Whoo Hooo...
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

In baseball bumping an umpire is a huge no-no even if it's an accident. Horton's been around the game long enough that I'm sure he was expecting the suspension and I can't imagine he's upset about it.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

alabamaduck wrote:In baseball bumping an umpire is a huge no-no even if it's an accident. Horton's been around the game long enough that I'm sure he was expecting the suspension and I can't imagine he's upset about it.
I have nothing to base this on about the situation with Horton, but-when I was coaching baseball there was always a time or two each year when either the umpires or the players or both needed to be sent a message loud and clear, and getting oneself thrown out of a game does that pretty effectively. Of course it helps when you're friends with the umpire you go after and the conversation (which nobody but you and the ump hears) goes something like this "Listen you, my team is asleep today and you better throw me out of this game so they'll wake up!" Then you kick a little dirt and maybe throw your hat and bingo! The fans and parents think you went too far but most of the time it works like a charm. Plus the umps generally love to toss somebody. :)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine