Women's SB pitcher MacGrandle gone

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Women's SB pitcher MacGrandle gone

Post by rockthief »

bailed out mid season leaving the DUcks with two pitchers. What the hell is going on?
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... ogram.html
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Women's SB pitcher MacGrandle gone

Post by Tray Dub »

Good lord. I've never seen anything like this.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:Good lord. I've never seen anything like this.
Oregon State women's basketball before they brought in Scott Rueck. I think all but 2 players quit. Coach was a challenging personality. Of course that's in attrition. I too have never seen a program that would have been top 5 in the spring go to such utter garbage so quickly.

Even the Oregon Volleyball coaches who were accused of being so mentally abusive and fired despite their strong records had a player revolt but not the mass defections, largely because Ulmer was there as an assistant and the players loved him as much as they hated the the head coach and his wife.

In other news tonight, the entire UNC women's basketball coaching staff has been placed on administrative leave while the school investigates complaints received by student athletes and others.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

WRI?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Saw on twitter (take it for what it’s worth) that her dad was quite the guy(sarcasm) and was always bashing other players and coaches. Nothing was ever his daughters fault, and by some accounts she had started to act that way too. Sucks for depth this year.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

The next two seasons should tell us what kind of a coach she is
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

duckfan96 wrote:Saw on twitter (take it for what it’s worth) that her dad was quite the guy(sarcasm) and was always bashing other players and coaches. Nothing was ever his daughters fault, and by some accounts she had started to act that way too. Sucks for depth this year.
Started searching for the fathers twitter account and assume this is it https://twitter.com/dmacgran. Nothing to damning that I see but the following retweet from last week is interesting. Suspensions and transfers are not a good sign.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

If Dail remains unavailable the leaves one pitcher, a walk-on with a horrid ERA. There has to be an explanation from the coach and or AD as to what the hell is happening here. This whole deal is mind blowing with players defecting and just plain bailing on the team. MacGrandle is a crap pitcher but at least she could throw the ball. Now what?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief wrote:If Dail remains unavailable the leaves one pitcher, a walk-on with a horrid ERA. There has to be an explanation from the coach and or AD as to what the hell is happening here. This whole deal is mind blowing with players defecting and just plain bailing on the team. MacGrandle is a crap pitcher but at least she could throw the ball. Now what?
Read that tweet again. She was suspended against UW. She pitched again against Stanford this past weekend.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

This year is a tank case. Next year we have Makenna K., #3 HS pitcher coming in. She will be #1 pitcher. Although recruited as an infielder, I believe Ariel Carlson will be #2. I know it's only HS, but she was 22-2 1.09 ERA as a junior. Jordan will have to improve to remain #2. She is gutsy and can give some good innings. Now, if these recruits of Lombardi's begin to defect, I likely will change my mind.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Wasn't MacGrandle a Lombardi recruit?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

maxduck wrote:Wasn't MacGrandle a Lombardi recruit?
She was a transfer from Texas A&M.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Right, but Mike White left in June, MacGrandle signed in December. Doesn't that make her a Lombardi recruit?
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I agree it will be interesting to see if any of the new gals leave or not in the off season
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

maxduck wrote:Wasn't MacGrandle a Lombardi recruit?
Technically true. But, I think she came because of the defections. Balint, I believe, was the only pitcher left at that time. Thought she would get a lot of playing time. Dail may have come for the same reason. At least she has some talent. Now, if the new recruits or some of the players like Cid, Bowden, etc leave, that would be a different story.