Puerto Vallarta College Challenge

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Puerto Vallarta College Challenge

Post by thomas time »

Jordan Dail and junior transfer Brooke Yanez combined to give up just a bunt-base hit over six innings, as ducks win their first game of the season 8-0.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Puerto Vallarta College Challenge

Post by woundedknees »

Well done, ladies!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Yeah! Both pitchers looked good. For Brooke it was about the same level she played at UC Davis last year. See why she she was dominant and player of the year there. We'll see how it transfers to PAC-12. I was surprised to see Ariel in right field; recruited as IF. I thought her, Terra, and Rachel would be in the power hitter spots. I could see 15 HR from any or all of them. They all had hits, but Allie had only HR. I was a little surprised to see Jasmine that far down the lineup. MC is, obviously, still sorting it out. After last year and the increase in talent this year, she must think she is in softball heaven. BYU should be a little tougher than Utah Valley. From my view, other than OU, we are as good as anyone there.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Brooke was great tonight. Looks like we may have a good one. So far our power hitters haven't come through.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

I wonder where Flo gets these announcers. They have said several times the Ducks are favored to win PAC-12.` They are much improved but i don't believe they are favored over UW, UCLA, and UA. Just noticed on PAC-12 networks bottom ticker that BYU beat UO 3-1 and Seattle beat UA 4-3. Not true.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks are just walloping George Washington tonight, already leading 18-0 in only the 4th inning. They're also showing off their improved pitching depth tonight, with Yanez pitching the 1st game and Diaz and Kliethermes working the 2nd game.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

greenyellow wrote:Ducks are just walloping George Washington tonight, already leading 18-0 in only the 4th inning. They're also showing off their improved pitching depth tonight, with Yanez pitching the 1st game and Diaz and Kliethermes working the 2nd game.
18 innings: 4 hits and 1 run. Jordan had 4 Ks in 3 innings. Brooke had 22 in 10 innings. Lost track of Diaz but Makena struck out all 5 she faced. MC had to be impressed even though, other than BYU, the competition wasn't strong. They won't finish at the bottom this year.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ducks 1 Nevada 0. The Wolfpack outhit the Ducks 4 to 2. But an unearned run scored by Cid, in the 2nd, was enough for the win. Dail went the distance; giving up the 4 hits, 1 BB, & 11 K's.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

4-0 :)
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

rockthief wrote:4-0 :)
Is that a score? What game? Or is it the team's record this season? :?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:
rockthief wrote:4-0 :)
Is that a score? What game? Or is it the team's record this season? :?
Thats the record. Up 4-1 over Long Beach this morning in the B5
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Jordan and Brooke look like the 2 ace pitchers. I would like to have seen more of the freshman Makena. Only pitched to 5 batters; struck out all of them. Only 2 runs in 5 games; have to trust MC. Surprised to see Jasmine and Ariel in such a slump at the plate. Need to keep Jasmine in for defense. Ariel did hit the ball hard few times but at someone and a couple of long outs. Terra is all we thought she would be. Hannah Galley looks much improved and probably has a hold on left field. Right field seems to be the only ? if Ariel doesn't come out of her slump and contribute at the plate.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

4-1 over Long Beach State moves the Ducks to 5-0. Single runs in the 1st & 2nd, and a hit up the middle by McGowan brought in Galey & Felder. Brooke started & got the win; going the first 4 innings, 0 runs. Samaria Diaz came in relief, gave up a hit and LBS's lone run. Jordan pitched a shutout the last two innings,
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Two players from each team were selected for all tournament team regardless of position. Over represented with pitchers. Ducks 2, obviously, were Jordan and Brooke. Haley Cruze was MVP.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »