Cruse and Diaz both coming back

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duck92
Two Star Recruit

Cruse and Diaz both coming back

Post by duck92 »

https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20200 ... s-softball,

next spring should be fun, after the initial rough start-really happy Lombardi is our coach
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: Cruse and Diaz both coming back

Post by duck58 »

Pitching should be great. Brooke, Samaria, Jordan, Makena, and freshman Reagan Breedlove. Was Makena injured last year? Only pitched 6.2 innings; gave up 0 hits and 11 Ks. Did have a little control problem with 8 walks. Reagan was absolutely fantastic in HS. We have power hitters in Cid, McGowan, Felder, Carlson, and others. I'm a Carlson fan. She was beginning to get it together. Went like from a .135 to a .294. She would have broken the national HS HR record, if other coaches hadn't began to intentional walk her nearly every time. She should continue as DP, since converting her to the outfield didn't seem to be working out and the infield is solid for at least next 2 years. Sievers was having a bad year at plate, but, also, was improving. I think she comes out strong this year. This team definitely gets into post season. Where they finish in the toughest conference I don't know. I guess 4-5, behind UCLA, UW, and UA.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

I'm going Ducks #3. Ball contact at the plate looks overall very proficient throughout the lineup and defensive miscues will be limited. Coaching staff looks seriously in tune on details. Base running will never be the problem that it was with White.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

duck58 wrote:Pitching should be great. Brooke, Samaria, Jordan, Makena, and freshman Reagan Breedlove. Was Makena injured last year? Only pitched 6.2 innings; gave up 0 hits and 11 Ks. Did have a little control problem with 8 walks. Reagan was absolutely fantastic in HS. We have power hitters in Cid, McGowan, Felder, Carlson, and others. I'm a Carlson fan. She was beginning to get it together. Went like from a .135 to a .294. She would have broken the national HS HR record, if other coaches hadn't began to intentional walk her nearly every time. She should continue as DP, since converting her to the outfield didn't seem to be working out and the infield is solid for at least next 2 years. Sievers was having a bad year at plate, but, also, was improving. I think she comes out strong this year. This team definitely gets into post season. Where they finish in the toughest conference I don't know. I guess 4-5, behind UCLA, UW, and UA.
I wonder if Ariel could play 1B? She and Mya could trade off.