APR 10 (SAT) 6:30 PM
APR 11 (SUN) 4 PM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: BB: Oregon State @ Oregon (Fri-Sun)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Beavers are probably the best team in the conference still. Good chance for ducks to show their stuff.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Ducks take game 1, 4-1. Good start.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks take Game 2 and both the weekend and season series with a 5-1 win over the Beavs.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

What is this world we live in where Oregon State beats Oregon in football and basketball and Oregon beats Oregon State in baseball?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

^^ no kidding

I didn’t think I’d live to see Oregon take a season series against the beavers

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:What is this world we live in where Oregon State beats Oregon in football and basketball and Oregon beats Oregon State in baseball?
Too funny because was thinking the exact same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon gets the series sweep with a comeback win in the 11th inning off an error by OSU.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Wow that’s crazy they came back! I watched the 7th inning when OSU took the 4-1 lead and they were very obnoxious and I had to turn it off for a family dinner. Glad the ducks came back! Wish I watched the Beavs shut up.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Wow that’s crazy they came back! I watched the 7th inning when OSU took the 4-1 lead and they were very obnoxious and I had to turn it off for a family dinner. Glad the ducks came back! Wish I watched the Beavs shut up.
You were lucky, you didn't have to watch in the bottom of the eighth, down 4-3 bases load, 2 outs OSU brings in their Ace reliever. Oregon brings in a freshmen with 2 career at bats to pitch hit. I'm screaming at the coach because anyone else left or right handed, come on. Looks like a deer in headlights on the first 2 pitches. Down 0-2 he gets hit by a pitch forcing in the tying run. I calm down and enjoy the rest of the game.
NoJusticeInSports
High School Drop Out

Post by NoJusticeInSports »

I'm a Beaver fan, and I feel embarrassed after that. We are absolutely awful.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

NoJusticeInSports wrote:I'm a Beaver fan, and I feel embarrassed after that. We are absolutely awful.
Or, we have a really good Baseball team this year and yall are still adjusting to life without Pat Casey.

If you want to be embarrassed by that then go right ahead.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
NoJusticeInSports wrote:I'm a Beaver fan, and I feel embarrassed after that. We are absolutely awful.
Or, we have a really good Baseball team this year and yall are still adjusting to life without Pat Casey.

If you want to be embarrassed by that then go right ahead.
I'm not sure embarrassment is exactly the right word. Even if you give the Ducks credit for having a good team. The game was lost because one of the all time best relief pitchers in program history, with a record of great control, hit a batter whose bat was glued to his shoulder on an 0-2 pitch. Then your defensive ace short stop muffs a grounder hit right at him. That certainly is "frustrating". If you consider those two plays chokes than I could see "embarrassing". Were it to have happened to my team I would call it "an excuse to replace the TV my shoe went thru".
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I'm curious, is losing to Oregon baseball what you Beaver fans view as embarrassing or rather how you lost to Oregon?

I get where the Beaver fan is coming from, weren't we pretty embarrassed after the football and basketball losses to OSU? Sure OSU is very much improved, especially in basketball making it to the Elite Eight, but Oregon certainly played pretty dang bad in those losses in both sports, particularly on defense.