2022 MLB Draft

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2022 MLB Draft

Post by greenyellow »

5 Oregon players have been picked so far in the MLB Draft.
greenyellow

Re: 2022 MLB Draft

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I had no idea there was another Jaha in Clackamas. I went to school with one who was terribly mediocre at baseball and didn't make the high school team despite how much he touted his relation to John Jaha. Go Cavs!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:I had no idea there was another Jaha in Clackamas. I went to school with one who was terribly mediocre at baseball and didn't make the high school team despite how much he touted his relation to John Jaha. Go Cavs!
Jackson Jaha is actually John Jaha's son so he's much closer to a former major leaguer than that other guy.
https://www.osaa.org/today/article/1886 ... s+the+mold
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Maier has signed with the Braves. That means Oregon's initial starting rotation from this past year is basically gone and their 2023 rotation is very questionable.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Anthony Hall has signed with the Yankees.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Maier got nearly an extra million to sign so I can see why he left.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

NIL probably is the one area that could have a chance to really help young baseball players out because the Minor League system is atrocious.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:NIL probably is the one area that could have a chance to really help young baseball players out because the Minor League system is atrocious.
I guess it'd be more for the lower round or free agent types since the higher draft picks tend to get decent signing bonuses of $500K and up.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck07 wrote:NIL probably is the one area that could have a chance to really help young baseball players out because the Minor League system is atrocious.
I guess it'd be more for the lower round or free agent types since the higher draft picks tend to get decent signing bonuses of $500K and up.
Knowing the rigors of the travel/lodging all of them have to suffer through, I'd be making the comparison if I were on the recruiting staff in order to show the relativity of that NIL $, especially since it means you could have all 25 on a full scholarship of sorts.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Knowing the rigors of the travel/lodging all of them have to suffer through, I'd be making the comparison if I were on the recruiting staff in order to show the relativity of that NIL $, especially since it means you could have all 25 on a full scholarship of sorts.
It would be smart for collectives that want their school's entire athletic department performing well to throw money at sports where partial scholarships are given, which sometimes causes them to lose players to schools giving them more scholarship money.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:It would be smart for collectives that want their school's entire athletic department performing well to throw money at sports where partial scholarships are given, which sometimes causes them to lose players to schools giving them more scholarship money.
The other aspect we've got that helps with those smaller sports is that if you become a Star at your sport, you've got one of the best marketing teams behind you to "build your brand" while you're in school.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:It would be smart for collectives that want their school's entire athletic department performing well to throw money at sports where partial scholarships are given, which sometimes causes them to lose players to schools giving them more scholarship money.
The other aspect we've got that helps with those smaller sports is that if you become a Star at your sport, you've got one of the best marketing teams behind you to "build your brand" while you're in school.
I think the best recent examples of that are Haley Cruse and Sabrina Ionescu.