Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:A 5 star recruit before even coaching a game at Oregon. Amazing.
Looks like he's a better recruiter than some people thought. Can't wait to see this class come in. All he needs now is another post player to provide some skill and depth.
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man this class is already looking better than most the classes we had with Ernie. Incredible recruiting so far from Altman. Now let's see what he can do on the court.

Woo! Welcome to Oregon, Jabari.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by northbeachsf »

Geez! Rock and roll baby!! Amazing pick up by Altman and Fish
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Here ya boys go... profiles + highlights:
http://ducksattack.com/?p=937

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by Duck07 »

Who was saying that DA was going to have a bunch of problems and that he couldn't recruit? Might have to go dig through some old posts and see who's eating crow.
Image
gofightingducks
All Pac-12
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by gofightingducks »

I love it from everything I knew about the guy I really thought he could get a good start to recruiting, probably in large part due to having so few scholarship players but for all of the haters that were not pleased with the Altman hire, how do you feel now? He still has to prove he can turn this program into a winning one but I am sure he will do that as well. Awesome pick-up!
User avatar
Boom
All Pac-12
Posts: 5776
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by Boom »

gofightingducks wrote:I love it from everything I knew about the guy I really thought he could get a good start to recruiting, probably in large part due to having so few scholarship players but for all of the haters that were not pleased with the Altman hire, how do you feel now? He still has to prove he can turn this program into a winning one but I am sure he will do that as well. Awesome pick-up!
I feel better.....

recruiting was the only question mark for Altman

I thought we would find out in the 2011 & 2012 recruiting cycle if he could indeed turn around are program or not.

He's off to a good start.... He needs to finish with some quality bigs now.
User avatar
dd10snoop28
All Pac-12
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
GM: New Jersey Nets GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Jabari Brown went to Findlay Prep, which is the same school that former Portland native Nigel Williams-Goss went to.

I think they played on the same team when they came to the Nike Hoop Summit at Liberty HS. Might be some connections there.
Image
User avatar
dd10snoop28
All Pac-12
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
GM: New Jersey Nets GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Found some stats of his in the Nike Hoop Summit this summer(3 or 4 games):
21.7ppg
5.0rpg
5.7apg
1.0spg
1.3topg
37.5 FG %
20.0% 3pt %
83 FT %


Nigel Williams-Goss was actually on an opposing USA team, but I found it interesting that Austin Keumper was on the same team as Jabari Parker in this tournament. Coincidence? I think not.
Image
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Lets see looking at ESPN we have a 4* PG in Barron, a 3* SG Kingma, a 3* C/PF Kuemper and a 5* stud in Brown, now rated 14th class in the country! Compare that to the Dunnigan class with one 5* and 3 3* and 1 2*. Great job by the coaching staff, now go land Pelle (5* PF) and this will be perhaps the best class in UO history.

I thought Pudge said Altman couldn't recruit? :lol:
User avatar
briarduck
Senior
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
Location: Milwaukie OR

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by briarduck »

I watched it today and I thought they were we hashing old news :lol: (I got him confused with Baron :roll: )...man this is HUGE NEWS! DA is putting together a pretty damn nice team! Next year we need a SF/PF and C and this could be one hell of a team!

Damn I would have gotten more excited early...damn it! :lol: My focus is on FB right now...
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by woundedknees »

Heckuva diff recruiting to a decent PAC10 school and the middle of Nebraska, methinks!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks :lol: .

Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
Image
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks :lol: .

Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
I think we do still have to remember that most of next year's team will only be FR so we are going to have to temper our expectations a bit. While I think they'll be better prepared and coached than if they were under Kent, we should expect the typical FR growing pains you see with FR at just about every other school.
Image
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Jabari Brown Down to 2?

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

greenyellow wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Heck yes!! Freaking huge get. I was working all day so I had my friend text me who he picked. I def did a Kenny Rowe running fist pump when he said JB picked the Ducks :lol: .

Altman is doing better than even the most optimistic fan was expecting. Get through this year then time for some exciting bball again.
I think we do still have to remember that most of next year's team will only be FR so we are going to have to temper our expectations a bit. While I think they'll be better prepared and coached than if they were under Kent, we should expect the typical FR growing pains you see with FR at just about every other school.
By exciting I don't necessarily mean successful. They'll just be fun to watch regardless of if they're winning a ton of games or not.

That said I think, depending on how this class finishes out, we'll have a chance to be pretty good by their frosh year. I think we'll have a good enough mix of talented vets like Singler, Armstead, JJ & Williams to go along with the great young talent.
Image
Post Reply