Oregon vs Northwest Christian (EXHIBITION)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8648
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Oregon vs Northwest Christian (EXHIBITION)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched the replay, and a few notes..

Armstead is our best player, easily.

No one can really shoot on this team except Sim occasionally.

While Catron can score, he still makes a lot of mistakes and his shot selection is poor.

Martin is VERY raw. He can defend and rebound, but man his offense is ugly.

Basically, we aren't winning very many games this year.
Our main guys are good but after them we have nothing. We'll be a lot better with Jacob & Strowbridge back but still, we're not very good. I was surprised how awkward Martin looked. He looked almost like it was his first time playing bball. Armstead is really good though & Singler's gonna be really good for us too. Nice thing is, we can look forward to these guys getting better as the season goes on instead of worse.
Image
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 pm
Location: Pendleton

Re: Oregon vs Northwest Christian (EXHIBITION)

Post by Autzenoise »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched the replay, and a few notes..

Armstead is our best player, easily.

No one can really shoot on this team except Sim occasionally.

While Catron can score, he still makes a lot of mistakes and his shot selection is poor.

Martin is VERY raw. He can defend and rebound, but man his offense is ugly.

Basically, we aren't winning very many games this year.
Our main guys are good but after them we have nothing. We'll be a lot better with Jacob & Strowbridge back but still, we're not very good. I was surprised how awkward Martin looked. He looked almost like it was his first time playing bball. Armstead is really good though & Singler's gonna be really good for us too. Nice thing is, we can look forward to these guys getting better as the season goes on instead of worse.
Watching Martin live at the game was painfull on offense. He was really active on D. He had a couple blocks I think, and crashed the boards hard, but when he got the ball on offense I would just close my eyes. I even called for a teamate to steal it from him a couple times :P I am sure he will improve under DA. If he continues to contribute with his energy on D, he will continue to see minutes.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Oregon vs Northwest Christian (EXHIBITION)

Post by greenyellow »

Autzenoise wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Watched the replay, and a few notes..

Armstead is our best player, easily.

No one can really shoot on this team except Sim occasionally.

While Catron can score, he still makes a lot of mistakes and his shot selection is poor.

Martin is VERY raw. He can defend and rebound, but man his offense is ugly.

Basically, we aren't winning very many games this year.
Our main guys are good but after them we have nothing. We'll be a lot better with Jacob & Strowbridge back but still, we're not very good. I was surprised how awkward Martin looked. He looked almost like it was his first time playing bball. Armstead is really good though & Singler's gonna be really good for us too. Nice thing is, we can look forward to these guys getting better as the season goes on instead of worse.
Watching Martin live at the game was painfull on offense. He was really active on D. He had a couple blocks I think, and crashed the boards hard, but when he got the ball on offense I would just close my eyes. I even called for a teamate to steal it from him a couple times :P I am sure he will improve under DA. If he continues to contribute with his energy on D, he will continue to see minutes.
DA said the most ideal situation would be for Martin to RS but they don't have they kind of luxury.
Image
Post Reply