gofightingducks wrote:Welcome to the forum. Things are looking tough right now for the Ducks BB team but the new coach is already off to a good start with assembling a few guys to fill in for some of the departed players for this season and already has some good commits for next season and with then new arena maybe the basketball program can return to success with more frequency. Good luck!
Thanks for the welcome fighting ducks. I'm very familiar with Dana Altman, as I am also a Missouri Valley Conference fan. His teams press on defense, and play uptempo, with many substitutions. He hasn't had all the best athleticism on his teams, but he gets them to run effectively. With the athletic talent he is assembling starting next year, his 3rd year should produce surprisingly positive results.
I know Bruce Barron is not as highly ranked by some, but he is a bigger and stronger Justin Dentmon, a former UW all-Pac 10 player. In fact, they are brothers. I know Ernie Kent hit Chicago hard, as will Altman, but like your football squad, Altman will have to expand his recruiting areas in order to compete not only on a regional basis but on a national scale. I could be wrong, but Barron may end up just as valuable as Jabari Brown, a consensus top 25 national player. Barron's prep school played against jucos, and they did well.
In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing the inside of Mac Court for the first time. Here's to a good tournament and season.