SEC in Bowl games

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: SEC in Bowl games

Post by Duck07 »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duck07 wrote:and in 2 hours, they could be 3-3. We might as well go start the Pac 10 in Bowl games thread and start ripping on our own conference since we're only 1-1.
Or we could just mention how terrible we were in last year's bowls...
No, the excuse will be that they played Big 10 teams, and certainly the only conference worse than the SEC is the Big 10, smh.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bama is kicking the crap out of that "prolific" MSU team.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
JohnnyAuburn
Two Star Recruit

Post by JohnnyAuburn »

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend that winning bowls is any indication of how good a conference is, only because the games are commonly #3 from Conference A vs #6 from Conference B

But I would like to point out that excluding Ole Miss, SEC West teams have only lost 1 game to non SEC West teams, and that trend has stood so far in the bowls with Alabama and Miss St trouncing their outmatched big 10 opponents. I have a lot of faith in Arkansas as well, seeing that their also facing a big 10 opponent.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I just hope both our teams show up and play great ball because with bowl games you just never know what a teams mindset is and how they are going to play...USCe looked bad, Bama looked great so I wonder which version of our teams show up? It feels like a completely different season, I hope every one shows up to play to give us all a show that lasts until next year!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

The SEC is going to finish this bowl season with an overall losing record. The only loss I've been surprised with thus far is Georgia's. Arkansas should've won, but for some odd reason, they felt it necessary to throw the game away. Tennessee got kind of shafted, but whatever, they aren't very good anyway.

With that said, I expect the conference to be much better next season. Auburn and Arkansas will level off while Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee field significantly better teams.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Post by AU4UO »

UGA also lost to Colorado. A loss to UCF shouldn't come as much of a surprise.