maxduck
Senior

New story on Cecil Newton

Post by maxduck »

AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Re: New story on Cecil Newton

Post by AU4UO »

Thayer Evans continues his personal vendetta against Auburn. Nothing new here to me.

We don't even post his articles on our board any more. And if they do get posted, the thread usually gets locked. Dude's a hack job, poor excuse for a journalist.
duxball
Two Star Recruit

Post by duxball »

YO Iccy!!! nice haul today. Looks like you guys loaded up real well today at the aaa game. Good job Auburn
AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Post by AU4UO »

duxball wrote:YO Iccy!!! nice haul today. Looks like you guys loaded up real well today at the aaa game. Good job Auburn
We're not sure about Frost. According to one of our recruiting insiders, there wasn't a spot for him on the team. So I don't know what happened there. I don't know why there wouldn't be a spot, but I'm sure we'll find out in the future.

Having Calloway de-commit from Bama and come to us was great. Gotta love grabbing up the #1 recruit from them. Want to see the classlessness of Bama fans? Brent posted this on his Facebook earlier today, I'd say he made a wise choice:
first off im the one that has to attend college at whatever school i choose, and i must say is very pathetic of you grown ups postin stuff and sending me messages wishing i would break my leg, seriously is worse dealing with the fans than the decision but now i see who really was a fan and who wasnt, im really shocked at some of the things that people have sent me, but im happy and thats all that should matter
How did you guys do? The game was nearly over and the only verbal I saw that had Oregon on the table chose Cal.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

4* TE/LB/ATH Colt Lyerla...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon also has Christian French committed and OL Tyler Johnstone, who had to drop out due to a back injury. We're in it for Lamar Dawson and Delvon Simmons, but it looks like they may be headed elsewhere.
AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Post by AU4UO »

How do you think you guys will do in the recruiting rankings? I don't remember who it was, but I saw someone commit to Oregon during the Under Armour game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Icculus wrote:How do you think you guys will do in the recruiting rankings? I don't remember who it was, but I saw someone commit to Oregon during the Under Armour game.
Scout always has us rated poorly but depending on how it closes, we look like we should end up in the 12-15.
Rivals has us at 8 after today and it looks like it would take us getting most of our targets on board to get into the top 5 but the more important thing is the positions we got commitments from. Our only need at this point would be another stud DT or two that can QUALIFY (simi fili, myles wade both played in this game in 07? and neither made it to campus).
ESPN will be anywhere from 5-15.

We've done a very good job of recruiting guys that naturally fit into what we try and do. Chip has said before that we don't recruit anyone unless they're fast.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Icculus wrote:How do you think you guys will do in the recruiting rankings? I don't remember who it was, but I saw someone commit to Oregon during the Under Armour game.
Oregon got WR Devon Blackmon, considered the #6 athlete in the country by Rivals and #21 WR by Scout. With him, Tacoi Sumler, and JC transfer Rahsaan Vaughn, we got some absolute burners to help our depth chart for next year.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Send all the speed out on fly routes to start each game, with instructions to run under whatever DT throws, so he can get the early game jitters out with a completion, instead of over throwing the first couple passes of the game.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

That's a pretty worthless article. Didn't we already know that Cecil Newton was struggling to keep his church afloat? Now we know that he has the reputation of not paying/being late on payments. Glad this guy continued to throw him under the bus. This story really had nothing to do with Cam and has no business being posted. The game is one day away, Cam is playing, I don't care what his dad did/is doing. Even as a Duck fan this article pisses me off. Much like Canzano's article about LaMichael's $9k in the bank, this story really has no business being written.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Duck24 wrote:That's a pretty worthless article. Didn't we already know that Cecil Newton was struggling to keep his church afloat? Now we know that he has the reputation of not paying/being late on payments. Glad this guy continued to throw him under the bus. This story really had nothing to do with Cam and has no business being posted. The game is one day away, Cam is playing, I don't care what his dad did/is doing. Even as a Duck fan this article pisses me off. Much like Canzano's article about LaMichael's $9k in the bank, this story really has no business being written.
+1
Return Of the Quack!