TP benched in second half of ASU game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

TP benched in second half of ASU game

Post by Tray Dub »

Thoughts? I'm glad Kent did it. Porter didn't look like he cared and we need to mix things up.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: TP benched in second half of ASU game

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I actually didn't get to watch the game because I was busy, but when I heard TP got benched I was kinda surprised.

But he seems like he's been hurting the team lately more than helping. So I like the move by Ernie. It'll be interesting to see what TP's role will be in the future.

I want to see guys like Wiley on the floor more.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Porter is so inconsistent.... His freshman year was really good, but last year he was average and had more bad games than good games, and this year is even worse. He needs some bench time to hopefully get his crap together. This season is already lost, the Ducks are going to win any games the way they are playing and being coached. Kent needs to shakeup the lineup and bench the guys who are hurting the team and get some guys playing time to prepare for next year.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Porter deserved to be benched. He has been playing like crap, and he wasn't hustling. Ever since Brooks left, this team has missed a leader. They don't have someone they can count on to take control of the game or hit a key shot at the end.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

It sounds like he wasnt hustling and then he got into a argument with his coaches. Then he waved EK away from him while he was on the bench. If ya dont wanna hustle and play stfu and sit down.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

duckfan96 wrote:[color=#008000 If ya dont wanna hustle and play stfu and sit down.[/color]
Thats the truth right there. IMO Kent needs to teach these guys some more discipline on and off the court. I am waiting for a article about a players only meeting where they all talk and get their s*#t together and get motivated, but it just seems like they do not care. They play lack luster ball and the effort isn't there.
OregonDuck90
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDuck90 »

Yeah, to me it was all about effort (or lack thereof)... but when you're talking back to coaches, that's where I draw the line. Grab a seat and a freshman will take your place (and take his lumps). I actually enjoyed watching that one segment of the game in the 2nd half for about 4-5 minutes where it was 5 freshmen on the court and the game seemed a lot cleaner and had better "flow" to it on both sides of the ball. Not sure if anyone else feels the same about that.
dudefromor
Two Star Recruit

Post by dudefromor »

porter has been playing very poorly....not to mention he seems to have a bit of attitude not just with the coaches but also with the freshman. i say bench him and play wiley...wiley was playing really well in the game. but wait....guess what EK does? lol...he benches wiley right when wiley was getting others involved in the offense and making plays....typical EK.
"Jeremiah Masoli took home the game's offensive most outstanding player award and then broke into song. Kidding."
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... ID=3640641