Charles Robinson has something bigger than tOSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Charles Robinson has something bigger than tOSU

Post by buckmarkduck »

Say he drives and videos these kids himself, Texas is huge I'm sure that cost a little bit right there with gas at $4 a gallon, plus how much time does it take to compile all these contact info? Time=money, so at the end of the day after he spent whatever to drive all over and purchase decent video equipment and get contacts I'm sure he spends a lot. That's all I'm saying.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

buckmarkduck wrote:Say he drives and videos these kids himself, Texas is huge I'm sure that cost a little bit right there with gas at $4 a gallon, plus how much time does it take to compile all these contact info? Time=money, so at the end of the day after he spent whatever to drive all over and purchase decent video equipment and get contacts I'm sure he spends a lot. That's all I'm saying.
For sure, and I don't disagree with you. All we know though, for sure, is what we and other schools have paid him. I doubt it, but it is possible that he sold schools on a pitch of, "hey we've worked together at different services before, I'm going out on my own, here are my prices," and then decided it was all too much work or whatever and just took his money and put little into his product. Again, I seriously doubt that, but it is possible.

Personally I'm with you, I think if we saw his expenses the $25K would really be put into perspective, but unfortunately we don't have that.
AKA: CAgrown
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Based on the date of the story (March 9, 2011), I'd bet the first of the two mystery schools was Boise State.

The second one is a school they had been working on for several months at that point. That to me is screaming Auburn, based on when all of the media insanity was happening.

There's not a lot of verifiable info out there that would point to very many schools. If not Auburn it will be a pretty big surprise to everyone. A suprise because there aren't even many whispers about other schools.

The guy said it was a 10 for crapsake!
AU4UO
Four Star Recruit

Post by AU4UO »

It wouldn't surprise me if Auburn was one of the lower "graded" ones. The NCAA has been looking into the Tiger Prowl caravan, and is currently the only investigation going on there. If they are to get in any trouble with the Tiger Prowl, it'd most likely be secondary violations. Auburn has yet to receive a PLOI according to insiders tied to the AD.

Recently an Al.com writer released an article about Tiger Prowl, which he accessed public NCAA records. If he had found anything else, you know he'd have much rather reported on something bigger than an issue the NCAA has been messing with for a year or so.

It took what, 2-3 months to find enough evidence revolving around OSU dating back almost 10 years? Perhaps my head is in the sand, or I'm just being a homer, but I believe if anyone had any major dirt on Auburn they'd release it immediately. Just putting Auburn and any sort of controversy(real or fake) will garner more clicks and thus, more ad revenue.

When it comes to Auburn could be something with the whole HBO4 group, but they shut up really quickly when they were flapping their gums pretty openly before.

It could be Alabama. There was a pretty hot rumor a couple months ago revolving around a recruit and a booster. Fizzled quickly though, but it didn't fade without some general sketchiness being released.

Then again, it could just be yet another reporter claiming they have something and will release it in X number of time. Once that time arrives, nothing happens(this happened on more than one occasion with Auburn recently). The reporter is forgotten about, and the cycle continues.

I sincerely hope I don't have to eat my words later.