#10 Oregon St. @ BYU
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3447
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
#10 Oregon St. @ BYU
12:30 p.m. on ABC.
Going to be interesting without Mannion. This is one of those occasions where, whatever our feelings about the Beavers in general, they can potentially do the Ducks a favor in SOS when the final BCS rankings come down if they can win this OOC game. Basically, any team on the Ducks' schedule beating any team that isn't helps the Ducks SOS. Which is why recent Beaver and Cal victories over UCLA were good from that standpoint, as well as even USC coming back to beat Utah. (And why -- oh PLEASE -- it would be so great for Stanford to beat ND this week, and ND to fall to USC later on.)
Going to be interesting without Mannion. This is one of those occasions where, whatever our feelings about the Beavers in general, they can potentially do the Ducks a favor in SOS when the final BCS rankings come down if they can win this OOC game. Basically, any team on the Ducks' schedule beating any team that isn't helps the Ducks SOS. Which is why recent Beaver and Cal victories over UCLA were good from that standpoint, as well as even USC coming back to beat Utah. (And why -- oh PLEASE -- it would be so great for Stanford to beat ND this week, and ND to fall to USC later on.)
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Oregon St. @ BYU
I think this will be a very boring game. BYU's defense is even more "for real" than OSU imo. And without Mannion, it'll be evident in this game.
I say BYU 20-13.
I say BYU 20-13.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
USUaggieDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1219
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 am
Re: Oregon St. @ BYU
byu's QB ran a QB draw instead of kneeling on the final play just for kicks. he injured his knee on that play and is out for the year.
he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.
he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Oregon St. @ BYU
Didn't know this, but I'll stand by my score, home team still wins.USUaggieDuck wrote:byu's QB ran a QB draw instead of kneeling on the final play just for kicks. he injured his knee on that play and is out for the year.
he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
duck55
- Senior
- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Keizer OR
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
Vas is better than BYU's Riley. Reports of Wheaton missing practice. Tough game to grasp.
- Elduderino
- Senior
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
- Location: CA
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
I like the Beavs in this one. Haven't been overly impressed with BYU. Dominant D and a pathetic offense (though I am a big Cody Hoffman fan; not sure how that dude got out of the PAC12).
Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.
Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.
AKA: CAgrown
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
No doubt we probably want OSU to win, but will they? I don't think they survive BYU's D with no Mannion.Elduderino wrote:I like the Beavs in this one. Haven't been overly impressed with BYU. Dominant D and a pathetic offense (though I am a big Cody Hoffman fan; not sure how that dude got out of the PAC12).
Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
BYU wins a squeaker, 4-2.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
I think the Beavs can pull out the win due to their D and what I predict will be some effective PA passing. While they don't have the best run game, I believe they'll be able to keep BYU honest enough to get Cooks and Wheaton some looks. Much like the Wisconsin win, I think the Biebers hold on late for the win.

- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
All the injuries make this one a hard one to predict. If I had to guess, Beavers win 17-0.
-
DAT#6
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 953
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 am
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
It would be nice to see BYU not embarrass the conference again, but alas, I do not think that will be the case.
BYU 12 OS 10
BYU 12 OS 10
-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3447
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
The Beavers have been continually surprising me this year, and I'm going to say that they are a lot more than Mannion. I say they'll again "surprise" me (even if that doesn't really make sense) and win a low scoring contest. (And thanks to the Mod who added the ranking to the Beavers in the title of the thread.)
- AutzenMember
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Hockinson, WA
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
BYU is also on ND's schedule, so an OS win helps to lower ND's future SOS also.
- stewbertwilloughby
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1085
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
- Location: Springfield, OR
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
Does Riley Nelson remind anyone else of Masoli? Runs a lot, physically. Not a great passer. Makes plays happen, then makes a stupid decision.
GO DUCKS!
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU
Good game by the Beavers.