#10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

#10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by Greenblood »

12:30 p.m. on ABC.

Going to be interesting without Mannion. This is one of those occasions where, whatever our feelings about the Beavers in general, they can potentially do the Ducks a favor in SOS when the final BCS rankings come down if they can win this OOC game. Basically, any team on the Ducks' schedule beating any team that isn't helps the Ducks SOS. Which is why recent Beaver and Cal victories over UCLA were good from that standpoint, as well as even USC coming back to beat Utah. (And why -- oh PLEASE -- it would be so great for Stanford to beat ND this week, and ND to fall to USC later on.)
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I think this will be a very boring game. BYU's defense is even more "for real" than OSU imo. And without Mannion, it'll be evident in this game.

I say BYU 20-13.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
USUaggieDuck
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 am

Re: Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by USUaggieDuck »

byu's QB ran a QB draw instead of kneeling on the final play just for kicks. he injured his knee on that play and is out for the year.

he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by UOducksTK1 »

USUaggieDuck wrote:byu's QB ran a QB draw instead of kneeling on the final play just for kicks. he injured his knee on that play and is out for the year.

he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.
Didn't know this, but I'll stand by my score, home team still wins.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck55
Senior
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Keizer OR

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by duck55 »

Vas is better than BYU's Riley. Reports of Wheaton missing practice. Tough game to grasp.
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by Elduderino »

I like the Beavs in this one. Haven't been overly impressed with BYU. Dominant D and a pathetic offense (though I am a big Cody Hoffman fan; not sure how that dude got out of the PAC12).

Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.
AKA: CAgrown
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Elduderino wrote:I like the Beavs in this one. Haven't been overly impressed with BYU. Dominant D and a pathetic offense (though I am a big Cody Hoffman fan; not sure how that dude got out of the PAC12).

Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.
No doubt we probably want OSU to win, but will they? I don't think they survive BYU's D with no Mannion.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by karlhungis »

BYU wins a squeaker, 4-2.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by Duck07 »

I think the Beavs can pull out the win due to their D and what I predict will be some effective PA passing. While they don't have the best run game, I believe they'll be able to keep BYU honest enough to get Cooks and Wheaton some looks. Much like the Wisconsin win, I think the Biebers hold on late for the win.
Image
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by Bud Lee »

All the injuries make this one a hard one to predict. If I had to guess, Beavers win 17-0.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 am

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by DAT#6 »

It would be nice to see BYU not embarrass the conference again, but alas, I do not think that will be the case.

BYU 12 OS 10
Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by Greenblood »

The Beavers have been continually surprising me this year, and I'm going to say that they are a lot more than Mannion. I say they'll again "surprise" me (even if that doesn't really make sense) and win a low scoring contest. (And thanks to the Mod who added the ranking to the Beavers in the title of the thread.)
User avatar
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
Location: Hockinson, WA

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by AutzenMember »

BYU is also on ND's schedule, so an OS win helps to lower ND's future SOS also.
User avatar
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Springfield, OR

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Does Riley Nelson remind anyone else of Masoli? Runs a lot, physically. Not a great passer. Makes plays happen, then makes a stupid decision.
GO DUCKS!
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Post by maxduck »

Good game by the Beavers.
Post Reply