#10 USC @ UW

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

#10 USC @ UW

Post by Greenblood »

Difficult to me to decide who I want more to win (or perhaps who I want more to lose :lol: ). Since it's between two 2012 Duck foes, it's a wash on the BCS computers' SOS score for the Ducks. I'd love to see USC's national title dreams get UNEQUIVOCALLY crushed. But I'd also -- maybe especially because I live in Husky territory -- like to see the Huskies and their fans further lose confidence in the team with a decisive loss. Sarkisian does tend to play his former team well . . .
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If you think we will go undefeated, you want teams like USC, OSU, Stanford to win as much as possible.

If you think we might lose a game (or two) on the way, then root against teams like USC, Stanford, OSU, so even with a loss or two, we can win the Pac-12.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by maxduck »

I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by UOducksTK1 »

maxduck wrote:I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
My general approach as well. Plus I think if we win out anyway, we'll be in regardless. So go huskies.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by Duck24 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
maxduck wrote:I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
My general approach as well. Plus I think if we win out anyway, we'll be in regardless. So go huskies.
Rooting for USC all the way. I want the USC-Oregon game to be a match-up of top 10 teams.
Braveheart
Sophomore
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by Braveheart »

I think USC puts it together against UW. First signature win.
Image
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
maxduck wrote:I subscribe to the 'better safe than sorry' school of thought so I'll swallow hard and say "Go Huskies".
My general approach as well. Plus I think if we win out anyway, we'll be in regardless. So go huskies.
I agree with all of this
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by karlhungis »

I dislike both teams so it doesn't really matter to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the poodles steal a win here though.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by ncduck »

I don't want UW fans thinking the Oregon game was a fluke. I want them to suck and know it. Go USC.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 am

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by DAT#6 »

I will be rooting for the Huskies to lose because they are the Huskies. I will not, however, be able to actively root for USC to win. I will just have to skip that game if it is on.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by Duck07 »

I would like to see the poodles not go to a bowl game this year. Gameday Champions was enough for them this season imho.
Image
oregontrack
All Pac-12
Posts: 5118
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by oregontrack »

i can't think of one conceivable reason why a duck fan would root for washington to win this game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by Greenblood »

I don't think I can actually "root" for either team to win. But I would be ok, as indicated above, with USC having their "unfinished business" season absolutely finished, at least in terms of their barely flickering nat'l title hopes, and then hopefully leading to a "wheels coming off" season compared to all the preseason Trojan hype. Ultimately, I probably will revert to my old standby antipathy for the Huskies and my desire that their program stay down down down as long as possible. But I guess I'll find something to be pleased about either way.
Braveheart
Sophomore
Posts: 1549
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by Braveheart »

Hey, hey guys. What'd USC do to you, huh?
Image
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: #10 USC @ UW

Post by ncduck »

Braveheart wrote:Hey, hey guys. What'd USC do to you, huh?
USC gave a degree to my former jerk-boss.
Post Reply