#2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

#2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Greenblood »

Yes, it's still Saturday night and this is technically premature. But how can it not be correct?

I'm starting it because I've finally come, after some wrestling, to a resolution as to which team I want to lose least. I'm going with the SEC champ. OK, this means they would have, what, six straight national titles? Well, whatever. I sure don't want ND to be the team to break the string. I just think really anyone who knows college football knows that ND isn't the best team in the country and that they'd be underdogs against perhaps every team in the top 10.

Blow them out, 'Bama!
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by thomas time »

Yep let's go BAMA, what's one more title for the sec? Even if it gets stop it's incredible stretch for the conference and NO WAY ND can be the team to end it
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Duck07 »

This is what trying to decide who to root for feels like:
Image
Image
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Bud Lee »

I really wanted UGA to get in to the title game but I guess I'll pull for Bama.

Oh, and that would be 7 straight 9 overall. It will also give us a win against the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, the PAC, ourselves, and the first Independent to go, so basically a win against everyone but the Big East.
chapelhillduck
Senior
Posts: 2395
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 am

#2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by chapelhillduck »

Bud Lee wrote:I really wanted UGA to get in to the title game but I guess I'll pull for Bama.

Oh, and that would be 7 straight 9 overall. It will also give us a win against the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, the PAC, ourselves, and the first Independent to go, so basically a win against everyone but the Big East.
So a win against everybody?
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by karlhungis »

Domers win, 6-5
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

#2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Duck24 »

I want ND to lose in historic and embarrassing fashion just to hear Lou Holtz try and explain why ND is still the best team in the country.

While Bama isn't as good as last year, Saban with 5 weeks to prepare/gameplan/devise schemes scares me.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by karlhungis »

Duck24 wrote:I want ND to lose in historic and embarrassing fashion just to hear Lou Holtz try and explain why ND is still the best team in the country.

While Bama isn't as good as last year, Saban with 5 weeks to prepare/gameplan/devise schemes scares me.
Brian Kelley isn't chopped liver. I think it will be an interesting match up for sure but man, it certainly has the potential to be a punt fest.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
oregontrack
All Pac-12
Posts: 5118
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by oregontrack »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:I really wanted UGA to get in to the title game but I guess I'll pull for Bama.

Oh, and that would be 7 straight 9 overall. It will also give us a win against the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, the PAC, ourselves, and the first Independent to go, so basically a win against everyone but the Big East.
You have a win against the Big-12 and the Big Ten.

You. You know, LSU. Your team.

I personally don't give a crap who USC beat or anyone else back in the day.
sec! sec! sec!
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Bud Lee »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:I really wanted UGA to get in to the title game but I guess I'll pull for Bama.

Oh, and that would be 7 straight 9 overall. It will also give us a win against the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, the PAC, ourselves, and the first Independent to go, so basically a win against everyone but the Big East.
You have a win against the Big-12 and the Big Ten.

You. You know, LSU. Your team.

I personally don't give a crap who USC beat or anyone else back in the day.
Yeah, forgot you guys aren't too much on the conference pride thing. We are for the most part...but....then again we have a lot more to thump our chest about don't "we"

:D
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40580
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Not gonna lie, I almost feel dirtier rooting for one of these teams than voting in this past election.

Gosh I might not even watch this year. Terrible.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:I'm disgusted with myself that I forgot this whole situation existed: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she ... e/?hpid=z4

It became public when the death of the practice film cameraman was still fresh in everyone's head, and I have to admit I forgot about these allegations too. And to think I was hoping Notre Dame would pull off an upset.
Declan Sullivan too.
Image
User avatar
MFRDuckFan
Senior
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Medford

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I remember DJ Davis honoring Declan during the Civil War. http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... davis.html

I feel for Lizzy's family & the other young lady. Shame on ND for sweeping these assaults under the rug but doing that doesn't make them unique in any way. Look at how long it took for the Penn State crimes to finally get noticed.
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Bud Lee »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I remember DJ Davis honoring Declan during the Civil War. http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... davis.html

Thats awesome of that young man , very classy.


I feel for Lizzy's family & the other young lady. Shame on ND for sweeping these assaults under the rug but doing that doesn't make them unique in any way. Look at how long it took for the Penn State crimes to finally get noticed
These things are always a tough one…I don’t know…I hate to be insensitive but how do we know that the player is guilty of anything? Remember the Duke scandal? Those poor kids where attacked for no reason, we don’t know if the un-named accused did anything, hell we don’t even know who he is do we?

The major difference between this and PENN State is that they KNEW for a FACT something happened due to an eyewitness.

With that said, I have never even heard of this, and giving the amount of sports radio I listen to I'm appalled by that alone.
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame (BCS NCG)

Post by Elduderino »

Bud Lee wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:I remember DJ Davis honoring Declan during the Civil War. http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... davis.html

Thats awesome of that young man , very classy.


I feel for Lizzy's family & the other young lady. Shame on ND for sweeping these assaults under the rug but doing that doesn't make them unique in any way. Look at how long it took for the Penn State crimes to finally get noticed
These things are always a tough one…I don’t know…I hate to be insensitive but how do we know that the player is guilty of anything? Remember the Duke scandal? Those poor kids where attacked for no reason, we don’t know if the un-named accused did anything, hell we don’t even know who he is do we?

The major difference between this and PENN State is that they KNEW for a FACT something happened due to an eyewitness.

With that said, I have never even heard of this, and giving the amount of sports radio I listen to I'm appalled by that alone.
I understand what you're saying. The other side of that coin though, is that for every "Duke LaCrosse" scandal there is probably a vast majority of complaints that are legitimate.

This is such a tragedy. It should have been fully investigated and fleshed out. The poor young woman and family deserved true due-process and not the sham of an investigation they received. The obvious perception that it was not fully investigated to protect football is sickening. Especially for those of us who truly love the game.

I would like to point out that I believer MFR is correct. This is happening all over the country. I find it in poor taste that sports fans would prop this up as an excuse to vindicate their sport-based-hate for ND. It is a societal problem that reaches much farther than that.
AKA: CAgrown
Post Reply