Victor Butler's first Cowboys' mini-camp? He survived.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Victor Butler's first Cowboys' mini-camp? He survived.

Post by woundedknees »

I don't care who your team is, this is scary!

12 hurt as roof collapses at Dallas Cowboys practice facility

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1354365.html

Twelve people, including special teams coach Joe DeCamillis, were injured when the Cowboys indoor practice facility collapsed during an intense storm at Saturday’s rookie minicamp. Ten were transported to hospitals; the other two were walk-ins.

DeCamillis suffered broken bones in his lower back.

Assistant scout Rich Behm was also taken to Parkland with a spinal cord injury.

Seven of the injured were treated at Las Colinas Medical Center in Irving and were expected to be released late last night. Three, including DeCamillis and Behm, were treated at Parkland.

One of the injured had been impaled on an object, Irving Mayor Herbert Gears said.

"It could have been a lot worse," Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson said, about an hour afterward.

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: Victor Butler's first Cowboys' mini-camp? He survived.

Post by ducksin2010 »

ARGHimaPirate
Three Star Recruit

Post by ARGHimaPirate »

Its a sad and scary story. One of the assisant coaches is actually paralyzed from the waste down. But the storm wasnt that severe, Ive Experienced 64 mph winds before and never been in fear of my life or well being. From what I read on MSN is that the company that built the pracitice structure also built a building in PA that collapsed after a snow storm. So I imagine this is going to come down on that company. I hope for a speedy recovery for anyone that was injured and I pray for the family members of the man that was paralyzed.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I wonder if the same group engineered the covered practice facility (The Devil Dome??? Sheesh!) in Arizona that collapsed last year?

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!