Kelly Calling out the Fuskies

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Kelly Calling out the Fuskies

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/pac10/0-9-6/ ... kies-.html

"We're not going to line up our best against the rest like the Huskies did in their spring game. They ran their number one offense against the number two and three defenses so Jake Locker could go 16 of 18 with two drops. And they had their number one defense up against the second and third offense so they could shut someone out. We're going to compete. The number one offense will go against the number one defense. That's the way it's been all spring. Walter Thurmond III (starting corner) will be lined up against Jamere Holland (starting receiver), head to head and we'll see who comes out ahead."
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Kelly Calling out the Fuskies

Post by 05duck »

i like it!
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

I heard Scott Frost interviewed the other day on The Writer's Block radio program and he referred to Oregon State as "the junior college to the north." Apparently he also isn't shy about shooting some verbal arrows at the competition. :lol: He was obviously just joking around, but it still seems a bit unusual for a coach to make message board-esque comments like that on a public show.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:I heard Scott Frost interviewed the other day on The Writer's Block radio program and he referred to Oregon State as "the junior college to the north." Apparently he also isn't shy about shooting some verbal arrows at the competition. :lol: He was obviously just joking around, but it still seems a bit unusual for a coach to make message board-esque comments like that on a public show.
PC people may not like it but I love the attitude of the new coaching staff. Kelly brings that east coast attitude that may rub some people wrong but mainly breeds success. Look at the top coaches & they all have that same attitude. Pete Carrol, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops. They all are incredibley successful coaches that have some swagger & attitude.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

This is gonna be fun! Go over and read some of the stuff on educk, it's a pretty good "argument" between not only the Ducks and the fuskies, but throw in some beavis and Cal fans. There's probably more by now. When are people gonna start comparing him to Kiffin? He was just making fun of a rival to boosters, just like every other coach would. This just happened to get out.
GO DUCKS!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:He was just making fun of a rival to boosters, just like every other coach would. This just happened to get out.
So these weren't public comments? I thought he said this to the press after the game. If it was just said to boosters then this is regular private coach speak that is supposed to be heard by only Duck fans & really not that big of a deal.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
stewbertwilloughby wrote:He was just making fun of a rival to boosters, just like every other coach would. This just happened to get out.
So these weren't public comments? I thought he said this to the press after the game. If it was just said to boosters then this is regular private coach speak that is supposed to be heard by only Duck fans & really not that big of a deal.
This is what Ted Miller wrote in his blog.

"Oregon coach Chip Kelly addressed boosters at an alumni golf tournament last Friday. As described by the Eugene Register-Guard, Kelly talked about the format for the Ducks spring game."
GO DUCKS!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
This is what Ted Miller wrote in his blog.

"Oregon coach Chip Kelly addressed boosters at an alumni golf tournament last Friday. As described by the Eugene Register-Guard, Kelly talked about the format for the Ducks spring game."
Ahhh, I probably shoulda actually read the article I linked :lol: