Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
RanDux
- Senior
- Posts: 2840
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
- Location: Happy Valley, OR
Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ghthgrader
LSU offered him last summer, so not his first offer.
LSU offered him last summer, so not his first offer.
-
ducksrock
- Senior
- Posts: 2729
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 am
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Absurd....And pathetic at that...One funny post on the article stated this...."Most of the players on Bama only have an 8th grade education, so this kid should fit right in."
I did laugh at that statement, but the rest of the whole situation make me wanna puke....
I did laugh at that statement, but the rest of the whole situation make me wanna puke....
- AutzenMember
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Hockinson, WA
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Is this kid really listed as a QB? His highlight reel only shows him as an RB on offense and he never threw the ball.
I'm only 5'9" and 200 lbs and run about a 5 flat 40, but I bet I could have a highlight reel just like that if I got to line up against middle schoolers. Word is that he actually should be a sophomore, so he's a man-child playing against little kids. Not that impressive. He was bigger than any of his lineman! He should be placed by age, not grade.
I'm only 5'9" and 200 lbs and run about a 5 flat 40, but I bet I could have a highlight reel just like that if I got to line up against middle schoolers. Word is that he actually should be a sophomore, so he's a man-child playing against little kids. Not that impressive. He was bigger than any of his lineman! He should be placed by age, not grade.
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Way of modern recruiting, you want the best in the country start early. I don’t see the problem, hell it may help the kid out in the learn run. Gives him a reason to keep his grades up and his nose clean.
I'm pretty sure this kid is not the first to get an offer in Junior high, I seem to remember a non-SEC school doing something similar.
I'm pretty sure this kid is not the first to get an offer in Junior high, I seem to remember a non-SEC school doing something similar.
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Biggus Duckus wrote:It's stupid. It doesn't matter if he's committed for four years if he switches his commitment the week before LOI day.
This is true...but....if you have him commit early and he stays true he can help you recruit. That is happens for us in the past with early commits. They become a big name in among other high school athletes and they will promote you and try to get other big names to enroll with them. Russell Shepard helped us a lot in that area.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40590
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Doesn't stop anyone from being lazy and/or an idiot. You'd think when people got a football scholarship, they'd stay clean and do well in school.Bud Lee wrote:Way of modern recruiting, you want the best in the country start early. I don’t see the problem, hell it may help the kid out in the learn run. Gives him a reason to keep his grades up and his nose clean.
I'm pretty sure this kid is not the first to get an offer in Junior high, I seem to remember a non-SEC school doing something similar.
Anyway, this is just weird.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
mdm0302
- Freshman
- Posts: 1349
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: Eugene O
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
i laughed out loud when he launched that kid 10 yards in the air. thats messed up
-
mrpd21
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 am
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
I don't blame coaches for offering to try and get an edge on other teams....which is exactly why it should be illegal for kids to be contacted by colleges until junior year. i remember how i was in 8th grade...yikes...
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
I'm good with them making no contact rule until a certain age, but until they do....keep trucking.mrpd21 wrote:I don't blame coaches for offering to try and get an edge on other teams....which is exactly why it should be illegal for kids to be contacted by colleges until junior year. i remember how i was in 8th grade...yikes...
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Do you guys think he stays at QB? He's already freaking huge.
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Phenom wrote:Do you guys think he stays at QB? He's already freaking huge.
Doubt it, at that level you put your best athlete at QB, I think they are looking at him as a "athlete"