NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40593
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Dion going 3 is pretty awesome, hope Miami ends up being a good fit for him.

Really stoked though to see Long at #20, that's awesome.

Packers got Datone Jones.. Sadly for a Pac-12 guy, I don't know a whole lot about him, so kinda neutral on the pick.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
sickaduck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Medford

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by sickaduck »

UofO8 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Love that pick for Eric Reed, great team for him to land on!
Pretty excited to have my Niners pick up Reid :D
I second this. Need more studs to keep that defense nasty.
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck24 »

How excited is DAT to see a similarly sized player in Tavon Austin go top 10? Besides that, I'm shocked at the EJ Manuel pick and I'm a diehard FSU fan. Buffalo could have picked him at least 15 spots later. I feel horrible for Geno Smith. Watching him in the green room tonight was tough but after the Manuel pick, it didn't look good. Interested to see what happens early on tomorrow in round 2.
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by thomas time »

Surprised to see Dion go to Miami, best of luck to him. I just Kurt Warner say he thinks he will have a really good year, Long to Chicago is a really good pick for them. Quite of few good players still out there, tomorrow will be very interesting to watch.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40593
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.

The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.

I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.

The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.

I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.

The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.

I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.
Yea, but Miami is going to trade for Branden Albert and when that happens that issue is moot. They get a guy they think will become another Jason Taylor and while the talk about the 43 is valid, it also ignores the fact that Miami isn't in their base D for 80% of the time either. You can put him at RE in the base and move him to WLB in the nickel and even as 2nd SS in the Dime. The key for Miami will be to move him around like we did to maximize his talent. Over 16 games if he gets over 10 sacks the criticism will go away.
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40593
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.

The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.

I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.
Not according to Big Suke lol (and I was driving and had no other way of getting update, don't judge)..

He was praising Oakland for trading down to #12 and still getting a guy they want.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Most sites have given the Dion and Long pick a pretty low grade.

The one thing I don't get is Dion was mocked to go 2 or 4 in probably 50% of the mocks I saw. So, positionally (not a word?) I don't think it was a bad pick, but I guess people were bothered by what Miami gave up to get him.

I personally think the Long pick is a very good pick. Nasty player with enormous upside. He was pretty awesome at Oregon. And he's Howie's kid. I think Chicago will get a future probowler personally.
Miami actually gave up VERY little for him. The reason why they might not like the pick is because they play a 4-3 and they feel Dion would be a better fit for the 3-4 or because they need a LT and they didn't draft Lane Johnson. Dion is an excellent player.
Not according to Big Suke lol (and I was driving and had no other way of getting update, don't judge)..

He was praising Oakland for trading down to #12 and still getting a guy they want.
Well there's your answer. Lol
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck07 »

4. I think, for me, the take-your-breath-away moment in the first round was Kyle Long over Manti Te'o, Tyler Eifert and Menelik Watson at 20 to the Bears. Chicago GM Phil Emery called him the highest-rated guard he's scouted in his last 12 draft classes. That's a wow -- and a good example of how different scouts and GMs look at players. Stunning, too, when you consider that universally, around the league, Chance Warmack or Johnathan Cooper -- or both -- were ranked higher on a vast majority of draft boards.
- Peter King, SI
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck07 »

I think the Titans just traded up to take Zach Ertz. Dang, he'd be nice for Chip.
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck07 »

Duck07 wrote:I think the Titans just traded up to take Zach Ertz. Dang, he'd be nice for Chip.
Nope, just a wr with a case of the dropsies in Hunter.
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck07 »

Chips second pick is...Zach Ertz

Also, some of you are missing a Jake Locker win now or bust discussion right now.
Image
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11013
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by buckmarkduck »

Zach will have to admit his shoulder was out, before CK lets him start.:)
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Post by Duck07 »

Gio Bernard over Lacy to Cincy. He was a great back on a poor team.
Image
Post Reply