Lilard

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Lilard

Post by thomas time »

wins rookie of the year, becoming only fourth guy to unanimously win it. I don't get how some people on oregonlive say hes overrated and won't do anything for the blazers, nice to see as the first headline on espn.com, Blazers' Lillard unanimous ROY, he's going to be a stud.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Lilard

Post by Duck07 »

thomas time wrote:wins rookie of the year, becoming only fourth guy to unanimously win it. I don't get how some people on oregonlive say hes overrated and won't do anything for the blazers, nice to see as the first headline on espn.com, Blazers' Lillard unanimous ROY, he's going to be a stud.
Its oregonlive.
Image
oregontrack
All Pac-12
Posts: 5118
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Lilard

Post by oregontrack »

haha you guys remember when roy finished one vote shy of a unanimous win in 2007 because a toronto beat writer voted for bargnani?

canadians. tsk, tsk.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40591
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Lilard

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Haters, congrats to Lillard. Much deserved.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Lilard

Post by thomas time »

Ya I remember the Toronto guy giving Bargnani, I was expecting N.O. to give Anthony one. I think CP got all but one that Deron got in 05 or 06.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Lilard

Post by Duck07 »

thomas time wrote:Ya I remember the Toronto guy giving Bargnani, I was expecting N.O. to give Anthony one. I think CP got all but one that Deron got in 05 or 06.
I heard Monty talk about ROY a few weeks before the season ended and he was a Dame fan so if the coach is advocating for another guy, the writer must have conceded.
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Lilard

Post by Duck07 »

Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40591
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Lilard

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
Wow well made vid. Lillard is certainly special.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12
Posts: 5118
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Lilard

Post by oregontrack »

The Rookie of the Year trophy rested beside him, the product of a pretty jump shot, great court vision, steely poise, and an uncanny ability to finish at the rim. But his true greatness was revealed once the subject turned to his one weakness - defense.

His smile faded, his eyes narrowed and his words became more firm.

“When people say stuff about my defense, it bothers me,’’ Lillard said. “And I’m aware of it. It drives me. It lights a fire under me.’’

If that attitude and drive doesn’t convince Trail Blazers fans that the franchise is in good hands, maybe this will: The wheels are already in motion for Lillard to workout and study defense this summer under the tutelage of the greatest defensive point guard ever, Hall of Famer Gary Payton.
love it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
MontanaDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am

Re: Lilard

Post by MontanaDuck »

Lillard is a stud. I really enjoyed watching him play in the Big Sky Conference the last several years... & I enjoyed watching the Griz beat Weber even more. 8-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply