Which coach said this to a recruit?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Which coach said this to a recruit?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 38419.html
I have a few coaches in mind, but any guesses?
I have a few coaches in mind, but any guesses?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
Frank Beamer immediately jumped in my head...maybe just because of the Va. connection though.
I got to say, I'm thinking there is a better chance that they kid made that up to get a headline than a coach actually saying it.
I got to say, I'm thinking there is a better chance that they kid made that up to get a headline than a coach actually saying it.
-
duckfan22
- Senior
- Posts: 2698
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
I'm going with my first thought and that is Lame Kitten. Being he is
in the LA area and not a very smart guy...
in the LA area and not a very smart guy...
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
That would be glorious. If Kiffen infact said it, I wonder if he told Tennessee recruits that they could meet Elvis!duckfan22 wrote:I'm going with my first thought and that is Lame Kitten. Being he is
in the LA area and not a very smart guy...
-
uostudent
- Senior
- Posts: 3561
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
1. Go the Da'Shawn Hand's rivals page
2. Under 'college choices", click "show all"
3. Scroll all the way down to the 2nd to last offer on his list
There's your answer
2. Under 'college choices", click "show all"
3. Scroll all the way down to the 2nd to last offer on his list
There's your answer
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
JoPa
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
-
USUaggieDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1219
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 am
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
Les Miles.
Sent from my freaking DROID
Sent from my freaking DROID
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
Based off the quote and nothing else, first person that came to my mind was Urban Meyer.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
USUaggieDuck wrote:Les Miles.
Sent from my freaking DROID
Nah, Les is one of the best recruiters out there, he would not of "dropped" MJ's name.
Honestly this has to be a Little school, none of the big boys would of done something so silly, that or like I said the kid is making it up.
Last edited by Bud Lee on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
karlhungis wrote:JoPa
too soon
-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2066
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
Doesn't matter, someone had to say it. One shouldn't miss a perfect setupBud Lee wrote:karlhungis wrote:JoPa
too soon
-
Braveheart
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
I like how the coach transitioned to "well, you can see Tito" so effortlessly. I doubt it could be Lane Kiffin who hasn't made a half-time adjustment since he's been at SC.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Which coach said this to a recruit?
a very salient point. We can safely assume that this coach is also a smooth operator and if I was being recruited, I'd much rather have a chance to see Sade than Tito.Braveheart wrote:I like how the coach transitioned to "well, you can see Tito" so effortlessly. I doubt it could be Lane Kiffin who hasn't made a half-time adjustment since he's been at SC.
