Animal House - The Movie (behind the scenes)

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Animal House - The Movie (behind the scenes)

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Just because it's a quiet period right now......You guys have probably seen this, but I thought to re-share. I came across this behind the scenes info during the making of Animal House in Eugene. I knew it was crazy, but didn't realize how crazy........

------------------

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,285149,00.html

Matheson: As we were heading out, the front yard was filled with drunk football players dying for blood. And Jamie Widdoes threw a cup of beer and that ignited everything.

McGill: Before you know it Peter Riegert is airborne, and Jamie Widdoes is getting pounded. And they circled up on Tim. I wasn't sure whether I should go in there swinging. And as soon as I got up there I got sucker punched.

Widdoes: I just know I ended up on the ground getting kicked. I was in the dentist's chair at 8 the next morning because I got my teeth knocked in.

McGill: I got stomped bad. I had a black eye like one of those Tareyton cigarette commercials. We didn't tell Landis. I told him I got my black eye playing touch football. But he found out.

VI. THERE WAS A LOT OF STRANGE SMOKE

McGill: After that we figured we weren't too welcome with the locals. We were all out at this motel on the freeway called the Rodeway Inn.

Riegert: It was a kind of campus. We all had gargantuan energy and no families or anything, so you never slept.

Matheson: We noticed an old piano in the lobby and no one was playing it so we decided to take it to McGill's room. We wheeled it across the parking lot through the rain. And every night after work, that's where the party was.

------------------
Duck07
All-American

Re: Animal House - The Movie (behind the scenes)

Post by Duck07 »

Nice find! One of the alumni in my fraternity told me plenty of stories about his time on campus partying with those guys. Apparently Belushi rented out a house on the south campus and did over 25K$ worth of damage to the house in 3 months. Things such as taking the bench press equipment he had in one bedroom and then watching him throw it through the window!
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I was a freshman that year (1977) and that fall pledged Sigma Nu where a lot of the filming was done. There was a half-way house right next door and that was the exterior of the Delta house. They literally destroyed our house. Belt sanders to the carpet, hammers to the walls. After they repaired everything and gave us a bunch of money we blew most of it on a kickass stereo and put in a new bar in the basement so we could carry on the party! We had a bunch of signed Belushi pics in the house but over the years they were all stolen. Still a lot of amazing (if a little foggy) memories of those days including bringing a keg into Autzen inside a Trojan Duck on a wheelchair. Too bad we didn't have cell phone cameras in those days.. or maybe not :twisted: :D
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

EncinitasDuck wrote:I was a freshman that year (1977) and that fall pledged Sigma Nu where a lot of the filming was done. There was a half-way house right next door and that was the exterior of the Delta house. They literally destroyed our house. Belt sanders to the carpet, hammers to the walls. After they repaired everything and gave us a bunch of money we blew most of it on a kickass stereo and put in a new bar in the basement so we could carry on the party! We had a bunch of signed Belushi pics in the house but over the years they were all stolen. Still a lot of amazing (if a little foggy) memories of those days including bringing a keg into Autzen inside a Trojan Duck on a wheelchair. Too bad we didn't have cell phone cameras in those days.. or maybe not :twisted: :D
I scrapped doing this my JR year because I didn't want to get banned from Autzen for life but I'm glad to see that it worked back when people looked more favorably on those kind of antics :lol:
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Life was so much simpler before the internet and instant uploading of our antics. Let's just say I probably would have been arrested in several different states and banned for life from many others. :lol: :lol: Just a girl out having fun. YIKES.