GM: Boston Celtics GM

Cavaille Out for BSU

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Cavaille Out for BSU

Post by bigsugarduck »

I'm a little bit concerned with some of the big hits the D is putting on skill position players. I totally understand the mentality of practicing hard, 1's against 1's, but from a few of the reports it seems like the defense is going out of thier way to pop the offense. So far injuries have not been too bad for us, but I'd prefer the injuries to be of the freak nature and not team induced...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

I wonder how many games he is expected to miss?
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

CK said he would be out 2 weeks. Dang sucks for him cause it sounded like he was doing well in practice.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Damn. I really like him after seeing him in action at a practice and the scrimmage.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Luckily we should have wide receiver depth this season, but the last thing this team needs is for the injuries to start piling up already.
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

The way he works in practice I'm sure once he's healthy he'll work back into playing time.
BOOF it!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Pretty sad, Senior walk-on works his way solidly into the two deep rotation. To be knocked out by a teammate so close to the Opener in your Senior year has to hurt emotionally as well as physically.

People who go by recruiting stars and hype think it is no big deal, but coaches and people who watched tons of practices feel we lost one of our most dependable and consistent players. Whether he would have started or not really doesn't matter, he was firmly in the rotation, and guys who can really block, plus get open, plus catch the ball when thrown anywhere close are pretty damn valuable.

I hope he gets back soon but having had a couple shoulder injuries in my youth I know how unpredictably they heal.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Zenitram wrote:Crap, was really looking forward to seeing Cavaille in action. :(
Same. But then again this opens the doors for other guys to step it up.

Hopefully Cavaille's injury will only cause him to miss the opening game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13