Post by tonyd »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ranking the Pac 10 QBs

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Washington #2?

And UCLA hasn't had a good QB in forever. Really I believe that's why they haven't been very successful this decade. Other than 2005, they haven't had less than 5 losses each season for the past 10 years.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
tonyd
Three Star Recruit

Post by tonyd »

List was made by Ted Miller, don't blame us. I think it's assinine not to have USC #2. Corp, Mustain, and Barkley could all start at a ton of colleges.

That said, I haven't felt this comfortable with out top 3 QBs in a long time. I just hope they can stay healthy, primarily for them and the team but also because Thomas needs to red-shirt.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

tonyd wrote:List was made by Ted Miller, don't blame us. I think it's assinine not to have USC #2. Corp, Mustain, and Barkley could all start at a ton of colleges.

That said, I haven't felt this comfortable with out top 3 QBs in a long time. I just hope they can stay healthy, primarily for them and the team but also because Thomas needs to red-shirt.
Agreed, USC's group is deadly, don't see how Locker is better than those 3.

I guess we'll see once the season gets underway!
8 days
5 hours
36 minutes
0 seconds

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

I feel great about our QB depth...however, this article (IMO) points out how potentially weak the conference is at the position. I hadn't really thought about it, but the PAC-10 is pretty iffy this year at QB, at least compared to the past. The PAC-10 is usually loaded at QB!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

tonyd wrote:List was made by Ted Miller, don't blame us. I think it's assinine not to have USC #2. Corp, Mustain, and Barkley could all start at a ton of colleges.

I think you have to prove something before being anointed the #2 QB in the conference. What exactly have any of them done in college? Be a big recruit? Signal plays in well? What have they done exactly that makes them deserving of any respect?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

In the case of Mustain, he was the first to sign with USC after quitting in a hissy fit at the school he originally signed with... Where he lost the starting position. (Mommy, that coach was mean to me!!!)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

tonyd
Three Star Recruit

Post by tonyd »

Tray Dub wrote:

I think you have to prove something before being anointed the #2 QB in the conference. What exactly have any of them done in college? Be a big recruit? Signal plays in well? What have they done exactly that makes them deserving of any respect?
Well, for starters their 3rd stringer went 8-0 when starting at Arkansas, not too shabby in the SEC. The other two haven't done anything on the field but that doesn't mean they're not talented. They're still going to end up being drafted higher.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Talking about the qb's at USC who will be their starting qb for the season. I know Aaron Corps is penciled in right now as the starter. Does he remain the starter for the year barring injuries or will Barkley overtake him for the year. I am curious to see that unfold down there. Barkley looked pretty good in the high school all star game believe it was the under armour game although not positive.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I can see Locker being anywhere between 2 and 4. Personally, I would take USC's QBs before Locker, but after that I would take him before Moevao and Canfield. All bias aside, he's a solid QB when he's healthy. He's made do with what he has. Fouch though...that's a whole different story!
tonyd
Three Star Recruit

Post by tonyd »

I think Duck fans are extremely underrating Canfield.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

tonyd wrote:I think Duck fans are extremely underrating Canfield.
I think we underrate him since he's split time with Moevao due to rotation, inconsistent play, and injuries. We've never seen him as a full-time starter to accurately judge him.