Chip Kelly

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

matty24
One Star Recruit

Chip Kelly

Post by matty24 »

Seriously people lets stop with the Chip Kelly sucks talk. All you people saying that are the same people talking about him being the best coach ever and now you want to crucify him. Look we lost alot of talent last year (replace the entire offensive line) and we played a good team last night. Do I think we could have played better yes but give the coach a chance and relax a little the sky is not falling and the world isn't coming to an end.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Chip Kelly

Post by MFRDuckFan »

matty24 wrote:Seriously people lets stop with the Chip Kelly sucks talk. All you people saying that are the same people talking about him being the best coach ever and now you want to crucify him. Look we lost alot of talent last year (replace the entire offensive line) and we played a good team last night. Do I think we could have played better yes but give the coach a chance and relax a little the sky is not falling and the world isn't coming to an end.
Thank you! This is just the first game and we could ultimately overcome this by a few key wins. BS had to win last night in order to even be considered for a decent season since they have such a cupcake schedule this year. They wanted it more and showed us up. I say let's move forward and make sure this doesn't happen again!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

With that play calling, I wonder if chip will be up in the sky box from now in. Do any other head coaches do that? I KNOW JO PA DOES because he is old as dirt, but any body else?
matty24
One Star Recruit

Post by matty24 »

I am not sure if he will be in the box or not. I am alos not sure how much of it was the play calling or Masoli having a bad game. He in my opinion did not make good reads when handing of the bal nor did he throw the ball very well. I just think we nedd to remember while we do have a lot of talent we are still a very young team. That being said I still realize the expectations have changed for this program and hopefully last night will not change those.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The true test of Kelly's head coaching ability will be how he adjusts to this loss and other losses this season (this won't be the only one) and how the team reacts. Whether they bounce back or give up. If Masoli continues to struggle how long before Kelly puts Costa in will be another indicator of his ability and decision making as a head coach. This team lost a lot of talent and had some major coaching changes and for whatever reason with the high pre-season ranking and media coverage the expectations were through the roof. The Ducks have the talent that with time and the right play calling they will find success. I have faith in Kelly, the other coaches and the players but this won't be the year everyone was expecting. If the coaches keep the players motivated and put together good game plans I expect 3-5 loses (Boise State, USC, Cal, maybe Utah and Oregon State) But if I am wrong about Kelly and the coaching staff and they don't keep the players motivated and don't call good game plans then the Ducks will be lucky to win 2-3 games. It's much to soon to jump off the Kelly bandwagon. If Kelly can't produce this year or next with the talent then we can have the discussion of who is going to replace him.
matty24
One Star Recruit

Post by matty24 »

Thank you for saying so eloquently what I was trying to say. We will soon see what this team and coaching staff are made of. In the words of Mike Ditka "Adversity doesn't build character it reveals it" (BLOUNT) we shall soon see.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Agreed. It was his first freakin' game as a head coach! Give the man some time to make adjustments. In Chip I Still Trust!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lol seriously...we'll be okay. In Chip Kelly we trust.