Going to take more than that to knock me off the wagon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Going to take more than that to knock me off the wagon

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Granted, I have been a hardcore Duck fan since the 98 season (not too long) and I know what has happened since then can't hold a candle to the 70's and 80's..but it was my first ever game at Autzen losing to Indiana..the ASU debacle in 2002..the collapse that was 2006.
Yes, tonight sucked ass. No doubt about it. But I was quick to get on Masoli last year ( a lot of it was the play calling though). We do have great talent behind him so he doesn't have much leeway, but let's see how he does against Purdue and Utah before we write this season off.
OSU starts out the season all the time with an embarrassing loss all the time and manage to fight there way back. We can too. I am hesitant to think this will happen since we don't face adversity well (02,04,06) but it is only ONE game a NON league game. We weren't going 12-0 anyways. There were no real NC dreams. This was a meaningless game for bragging rights and to avenge last year. I am mot upset that we didn't look prepared and that is happening more and more often lately.
I still want Nicky gone..is it that hard to switch up the blitz schemes? I would like to put whomever was calling those plays tonight on offense on the hot seat. Absolutely unacceptable.
Let's lower expectations and win 8 games, run our CW win steak to 2 and finish strong with a bowl game win. Hopefully Chip lets his players know this and we can regroup and make this a good season. My hopes of a 10 win season are gone though but we can still be decent.
Go Ducks!
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Going to take more than that to knock me off the wagon

Post by canaduck »

Amen, 2:19 in the morning here in the Eastern time zone and I'm sadly going to lose a bunch of sleep over this game, but when you're a Duck fan it's not every once in a while, it's full time.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I don't think anyone is talking about quitting on the Ducks. If they are, good riddance. It's just so disappointing when you like a team enough to talk about them on the internet with strangers, pay out the ass to go to games, plan your Saturdays around the games, and then have them play like that.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Great post. I can say this, I think Oregon will look better next week!!!!. :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't think I can abandon this team either. I've been a fan since 93 (I was 8 years old) so I've seen some tough times and the team needs all the support it can get right now. I always felt that people were putting too many expectations on this team this year because of all the losses to graduation and transfer. An 8 to 9 win season would be what I expected. The BCS talk was a little overblown and should have never really creeped in since this was sort of a rebuilding year. I think we'll see who are the real fans as this season unfolds.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

greenyellow wrote:I don't think I can abandon this team either. I've been a fan since 93 (I was 8 years old) so I've seen some tough times and the team needs all the support it can get right now. I always felt that people were putting too many expectations on this team this year because of all the losses to graduation and transfer. An 8 to 9 win season would be what I expected. The BCS talk was a little overblown and should have never really creeped in since this was sort of a rebuilding year. I think we'll see who are the real fans as this season unfolds.

Well said. I thought all of the Masoli for heisman and top 10 predictions were very premature.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Next year is really when I thought we should be in the talks for BCS because we would have a lot more experience on the lines and skill positions, plus Masoli would be a SR, which always helps in the Pac-10. The team this year is just too young to really compete at the elite level. There's really only like 14 scholarship SRs on this team with several of them being former walk-ons being given scholarships. I didn't think we would showcase the fruits of our last couple of recruiting classes until next season and the season after that.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

These are the kinda posts we need after losses like this. Good job man. The "Fire Alliotti" threads after every game are getting rediculous. :roll:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't think you could ever stop me from cheering for this team. They are the team I grew up with. I went to school there and even helped out with the team during the spring of 2007. I have too much love for the school and sports teams to stop cheering. For as much as we like to critique and analyze the players, we need to remember that these are kids still growing up and learning to play the game and act like adults. The coaches can be criticized but not to level of saying we fire them every time they do something wrong. Coaches and players aren't perfect, just like everyone else, so we shouldn't expect them not react the way some of them do when they are under a microscope. We as fans sometimes get too caught up in the team and games to realize that these are regular people. We need to act more civil towards them, the coaches, and other fans. I have been embarrassed at times when I've attended games in the student section and watching games on TV. Fans need to realize that acting like a bunch of hooligans reflects poorly on them, their families, other fans, the school, and the team.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

im still loyal to Ducks. This tough loss will happen sometime like tonight. We will get over with it and get ready for Purdue. It remind me of UCLA game back in '07. Bad flashback man.

Blounts need to get his act straight. We may see him kicked out of team or suspend. Lets move on and get ready for Purdue, it wont be easy. What i want to see more in future is to give LMJ and Barner more playing time. I believe they will do us great. Masoli need to wake up, Hello where have u been since 3 game last season? No faith in yourself? Masoli is not the same qb we saw last 3 game, keep ball to himself and run over defenders for first down or touchdown. Thats what we love about Masoli, tonight we saw masoli play different and that scared us. Im not going to cross Masoli off yet. I think we should give Costa a go sometime if its time.

Our defense worked hard today, need to fix what it havent fixed is 3rd down and long. That is killing us in first half. Rowe Got me excited, i believe he will be big for us in future.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

Although I'm very disappointed about this loss, suprisingly I don't feel that bad. I mean, even with how shitty the team played, with the loss of Ward and everything else that was still a fairly close game. And just like the ESPN guys said, NOBODY wins in Boise. There isn't a team anywhere BCS or not that would willing schedule a game there. Instead look at the bright spots I guess, which there was a few of... Lamichael James being one, that kid FAST.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck for life baby! One game won't change that.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Yeah I am upset our team lost but the play calling upsets me more because I believe had we stuck with what worked the last 3 games of last season the game would have been different. But the thing that really upsets me is Blount and what he did and the black eye it is going to give the program. :x
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

gofightingducks wrote: But the thing that really upsets me is Blount and what he did and the black eye it is going to give the program. :x
I couldn't have said it better myself. The "class" of fans for every single team can always be called into question, but the class of players should never be.

That said, let's take our anger out on Purdue. Let's Go Ducks!
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Duck since '77, and one game on the smurf turf isn't going to ruffle my feathers (ok that was bad) too badly.

On a different note, I find it somewhat refreshing to hear the former players (even the gentle Desmond Howard) on ESPN kind of siding with Blount. You never, ever, taunt an opponent after a game, regardless of whether you win or lose. Hout had that coming, but Blount should have restrained himself and taken his anger out on Purdue next game.

Go Ducks! All is not lost!