Bye Bye Blount
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Bye Bye Blount

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Well, that's it. I'm glad. Our program is more important than any one individual.
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
You beat me to it UODUX.. I am very relieved. LEGARRET BLOUNT IS DONE TOAST
I applaud the unviersity for making the right decision.
I applaud the unviersity for making the right decision.
-
seniorduck
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Well atleast they didnt drag this out.... He is gone, Now lets get refocused on the Season that is far from over....
-
duckstheword
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
From espn:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898
I'm glad he's gone. No excuse for that behavior.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898
I'm glad he's gone. No excuse for that behavior.
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I am sooooooo glad they didnt pussy-foot around with this.... dropping the axe on him was the only thing they could have done... he left them no choice...
BRUTAL
BRUTAL

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Too bad about Blount, but Kelly and the University had to deal with it so it sends a message that this type of behavior is not tolerated. This makes getting RBs in recruiting more of a priority than ever before.

-
hjpop
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm
- Location: Salem, OR
Re: Bye Bye Blount
It's sad to see an Oregon player put out to pasture early but with his off-season problems and this latest black-eye to the program, it was not that hard to see coming. I applaud Kelly and the staff for making the decision. I wish Blount all the best but it's time to let those on the team to grow up and shine.
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Tough, tough break, but I cannot say I'm surprised. It's time to see what this team is made of now, and it's time for James and others to shine.

-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Now how important was it for Oregon to not recruit a running back for this season?

- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I doubt any kid we would've recruited would've played this year anyway. So not very important.duckgrad99 wrote:Now how important was it for Oregon to not recruit a running back for this season?
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Suspended for any Bowl Game too (duh)... and he gets to keep his scholly. Thats funny they think he's gonna stay in school...
http://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/3765143898
http://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/3765143898

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
- addictedtoquack
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:47 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
It's sad to see someone like Blount have his career end like this. He was such a hero last season, as much as everyone is beating him up on here right now we all loved him last season. Just kind of sucks really, cause he will regret that punch for the rest of his life.

- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Fixedaddictedtoquack wrote:It's sad to see someone like Blount have his career end like this. He was such a hero last season, as much as everyone is beating him up on here right now we all loved him last season. Just kind of sucks really, cause he will regret those punches for the rest of his life.
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I think this was a little too harsh, a brain fart for 5-10 minutes shouldn't cost this much but he's not the only guy who has ever screwed up like this! Good luck young man use this to step up a figure out your next step! Aughhhh!
LGB situation aside, I'm scared to death for next week for "what" team is going to show up for Purdue!
Lets go Ducks, lets play some football!
GO DUCKS!!
LGB situation aside, I'm scared to death for next week for "what" team is going to show up for Purdue!
Lets go Ducks, lets play some football!
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!