Bye Bye Blount
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
No. It appears to me that minutes later he was in line when he was calmly apologizing publicly for his actions.
-
huckthefuskies
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 290
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
There has been a few times in my life where I wished I could take back the last 10 minutes as well... Sometimes you just have to accept the hand and live with it though.
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I think you have to give him credit for coming around like that though. He has done everything right since the incident.
He could have pulled a Kellen Winslow in that interview.
He could have pulled a Kellen Winslow in that interview.
-
wiseforexinvestor
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
"I'm a SOLDIER!"wheaton4prez wrote:I think you have to give him credit for coming around like that though. He has done everything right since the incident.
He could have pulled a Kellen Winslow in that interview.
- blackjack17
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:44 am
- Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Contact:
BSU's secret punch
Interesting slow-mo video showing BSU fan wielding chair and another striking Blount from the stands. WOW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yk_QzfyiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yk_QzfyiI
-
gofightingducks
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5533
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: BSU's secret punch
I was sitting in the same section and had a really good view of everything that went on. I am sure what set Blount off was the fans yelling racial slurs and use of the "N" word by a number of those fans. People say a player should never attack a fan but those pieces of s**t had it coming for the way they were acting and what they were yelling.blackjack17 wrote:Interesting slow-mo video showing BSU fan wielding chair and another striking Blount from the stands. WOW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yk_QzfyiI
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
See now you guys are starting to bring me around. I still don't fault the university for the punishment that issued but I would certainly be supportive of a reduced suspension based on further evidence.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
-
canaduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
I am surprised how much more malicious Hout's intent looks from that angle.
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
- Elduderino
- Senior
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
- Location: CA
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Bye Bye Blount
It's the footage from "Oregon Football with Chip Kelly" shown on Comcast Sports Net on Sunday nights. It looks like they have their own cameras that they use.
I don't know if it's made its way on-line. But, it looks a lot different than the way it's been edited from the ESPN footage. You can see more of where Hout was before the punch and how quickly it all happened.
If I had the right stuff to convert it to the computer, I would. But, it's just on my DVR.
I don't know if it's made its way on-line. But, it looks a lot different than the way it's been edited from the ESPN footage. You can see more of where Hout was before the punch and how quickly it all happened.
If I had the right stuff to convert it to the computer, I would. But, it's just on my DVR.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40596
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Bye Blount. I must say it sucks to see him get suspended for good, but I can say we did exactly the right thing.
Time to move on. LaMichael James was more impressive against Boise than any other duck on Thursday (which isn't saying a whole lot haha). I truly believe he'll be a poor mans version of Best this year. Speed kills.
Time to move on. LaMichael James was more impressive against Boise than any other duck on Thursday (which isn't saying a whole lot haha). I truly believe he'll be a poor mans version of Best this year. Speed kills.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
Pontius
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:45 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
UOducksTK1 wrote:Bye Blount. I must say it sucks to see him get suspended for good, but I can say we did exactly the right thing.
Time to move on. LaMichael James was more impressive against Boise than any other duck on Thursday (which isn't saying a whole lot haha). I truly believe he'll be a poor mans version of Best this year. Speed kills.
It's not only not saying a whole lot, it's saying NOTHING of value. It's one goddamn game. James had 2 carries and 75% of Blount's carries had NO CHANCE to begin with through no fault of his own. Blount averaged over 7 yards a carry last season and set a school record for TDs. You have got to be kidding me with this BS rhetoric that has been passed around by University apologists with regard to Blount's football ability. Move on? Okay, but at least admit that the whole thing has simply been a smear job done my self-righteous, emotional dead weights who lack the common decency of relative forgiveness.
- Elduderino
- Senior
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
- Location: CA
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Huh, thanks Wheaton. Thats certainly interesting; I guess I've always known that someone had to have another angle of the whole debacle that showed the entire story.
AKA: CAgrown
-
Greydrake
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Two different offensive sets, Best is playing behind an experienced line and I imagine that Blount playing in Cal's offensive set and with that personnel would have set some pretty good numbers. Like Wheaton I can not lay Blount's yardage totally on him, the line leaked like a sieve.