4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Post by UOducksTK1 »

https://247sports.com/Player/Jake-Wray-46036881

He has pretty high interest in Oregon. He was actually born in Oregon so is a ducks fan. So his family and him are coming out to Eugene.

He also committed to Ohio State last April, only to decommit this December.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Good find, didn't know that we were in on this kid or that he's originally from Oregon.

With our four departing OL starters, and taking only two this recruiting cycle (if Sagopolu goes on his mission), I'm sure Mario is going to try to stock up on the OL.

It's kind of a disappointing crop of OL talent on the West Coast for 2020, but this is the one position group I feel ultra confident in Mario being able to scour the country for.

I just looked at the 2020 rankings, and the top California OT is ranked #42. Three Colorado guys in the top-50 and that's it for the Pac-12 footprint. I don't think I've seen an OL class this bad on the West Coast.

There are some blue chip OGs in Myles Murao and Geirean Hatchett, but it looks like we'll have to go national to fill out the OL.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

Re: 4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Post by AshlandDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Good find, didn't know that we were in on this kid or that he's originally from Oregon.

With our four departing OL starters, and taking only two this recruiting cycle (if Sagopolu goes on his mission), I'm sure Mario is going to try to stock up on the OL.

It's kind of a disappointing crop of OL talent on the West Coast for 2020, but this is the one position group I feel ultra confident in Mario being able to scour the country for.

I just looked at the 2020 rankings, and the top California OT is ranked #42. Three Colorado guys in the top-50 and that's it for the Pac-12 footprint. I don't think I've seen an OL class this bad on the West Coast.

There are some blue chip OGs in Myles Murao and Geirean Hatchett, but it looks like we'll have to go national to fill out the OL.

Drake Metcalf. Maybe his MVP performance is meaningless, or maybe 247 isn't the end all - I certainly don't give them much weight.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: 4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Drake Metcalf is another guy high on our list. I think we are his leader, but he's a fantastic student so Stanford is a threat.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

Re: 4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Post by AshlandDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Drake Metcalf is another guy high on our list. I think we are his leader, but he's a fantastic student so Stanford is a threat.
He seems like a really high quality character. He looks like a dominant center.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 4 star OT Jake Wray visiting UO Feb 18-19

Post by GoDucksTroll »

AshlandDuck wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Good find, didn't know that we were in on this kid or that he's originally from Oregon.

With our four departing OL starters, and taking only two this recruiting cycle (if Sagopolu goes on his mission), I'm sure Mario is going to try to stock up on the OL.

It's kind of a disappointing crop of OL talent on the West Coast for 2020, but this is the one position group I feel ultra confident in Mario being able to scour the country for.

I just looked at the 2020 rankings, and the top California OT is ranked #42. Three Colorado guys in the top-50 and that's it for the Pac-12 footprint. I don't think I've seen an OL class this bad on the West Coast.

There are some blue chip OGs in Myles Murao and Geirean Hatchett, but it looks like we'll have to go national to fill out the OL.

Drake Metcalf. Maybe his MVP performance is meaningless, or maybe 247 isn't the end all - I certainly don't give them much weight.
I saw that he won the Opening regionals OL MVP, and I'm happy it seems like we've been pursuing him for a while. Getting more Bosco kids is always good.
Post Reply