Future of the league (Please Read)

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Future of the league (Please Read)

Post by Oregon Ownage »

As you all have witnessed over the past couple of seasons participation has slowly been declining and with the large amount of admin teams, I started thinking about taking a breather for a couple of months and restarting new after that break. Its hard to have a competitive league when 5-7 teams cant trade assets and be truly competitive.

My idea would be to end after the 2040 season (4 more seasons which puts our timeline ending around February/March 2020) and starting a new league in June/July. I didn't want to end the league suddenly and think this allows for proper planning from teams on what they want to do the next 4 seasons.

I think a break and a new league would be good for everyone involved. The break will also allow time to recruit and fill the empty spots we currently have.

What are everyone's thoughts on this proposal?
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Re: Future of the league (Please Read)

Post by BucksGM »

Sounds good to me.

Would the draft order after the last season rollover into the next iteration?
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

BucksGM wrote:Sounds good to me.

Would the draft order after the last season rollover into the next iteration?
No idea, haven’t thought that far ahead
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I would be interested in getting involved in a restart.
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

I'm in still
nray30
Four Star Recruit
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by nray30 »

I think this is a great idea
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Yeah I think we made it to the furthest we could possibly be. I don’t mind doing some research with the right amount of time to give us the earliest possible season we can start via by searching ABA players and etc. Would be awesome to start a league in 1975 but realistically 1985 would probably be the earliest given 30 team rosters.
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

jibbajabba614 wrote:Yeah I think we made it to the furthest we could possibly be. I don’t mind doing some research with the right amount of time to give us the earliest possible season we can start via by searching ABA players and etc. Would be awesome to start a league in 1975 but realistically 1985 would probably be the earliest given 30 team rosters.
I think starting in 85 would be great. Where did you guys start last time?
Briezy
Five Star Recruit
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers GM

Post by Briezy »

I think a fresh start souled like a great idea.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

I think it sounds good.
Hornets GM
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

jibbajabba614 wrote:Yeah I think we made it to the furthest we could possibly be. I don’t mind doing some research with the right amount of time to give us the earliest possible season we can start via by searching ABA players and etc. Would be awesome to start a league in 1975 but realistically 1985 would probably be the earliest given 30 team rosters.
Farthest back as possible would be fun, just to keep with the real players as long as possible. I think we started around 85 last time
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I definitely think a reset would help with GM retention. Having personal knowledge of the players helps keep interest up. I'll always be a participant as long as there is a league on this board.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Marzeial wrote:
Farthest back as possible would be fun, just to keep with the real players as long as possible. I think we started around 85 last time
The league started in 88
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Ownage, there is no good way to do a long term end to a league, since draft picks stop holding value and teams have no motivation knowing things are ending if things arent going well to sort it out. Contracts stop mattering etc. Its best to just do a hard cut whenever that cut is. But having posed the question, its hard to put the cat in the bag.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Brophdog88 wrote:Ownage, there is no good way to do a long term end to a league, since draft picks stop holding value and teams have no motivation knowing things are ending if things arent going well to sort it out. Contracts stop mattering etc. Its best to just do a hard cut whenever that cut is. But having posed the question, its hard to put the cat in the bag.
Could we roll over the draft picks to the reset?